Originally Posted by Dark Legend
No, it's just a business choice

There are multiple reasons plans can change or content be cut, including business reasons, technical limitations, lack of time or resources if earlier development takes longer than expected, balancing reasons, features not working as expected, changes to game design, etc.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Made $85 Million In Revenue, According To SuperData, I don't think a few thousand Euros for a professional localization will get you down...
D:OS2 had a total of 90K strings of text and 14 months of work ( in our free time, we all have another work for eat ).

Even if SuperData is accurate, the cost of localising wasn't the primary consideration with the cutoff on which languages to do initially. Also, Larian doesn't still have the entirety of revenue made by D:OS 2; there are continuing expenses, taxes, etc for D:OS 2 and BG3 development, offices, etc.
A professional translation of the early Access content would take about 4 months. Typical rates for a good quality translations are US$.09 to .13 per word, depending on language.

Now you tell us the only first part is 46K and "wouldn't that make an Italian localisation more likely for BG3 after release?".
So you think that if in italy the game is purchased Larian might think about doing the location?
Answers: few sales without location at launch, so bye bye italian.

My point was that if the Italian localisation boosted the sales of D:OS 2 significantly, there would be a baseline for comparison of the BG3 sales numbers, and presumably a relatively accurate estimate for the effect of a BG3 localisation.

it was better to answer "at the moment we are not sure if Italian is understood among the languages at the launch".

At that moment, though, that was not the case. The intention at the time was to continue supporting the same localisations as D:OS 2.
There are practical limitations that can force a change of plans (especially very early plans). Caveats should of course be given when there is uncertainty, but limitations and required changes can be unexpected.

More coverage does not always mean more profit

That is true. While the cost of localising vs the expected demand for the applicable language is a factor in localising, it is not the only factor in determining how many languages could be supported for the initial release of the game.

Originally Posted by daniloursen
What a disrespectful answer from LARIAN to all theirs Italian supporters.

What are you referring to? I have not been disrespectful.

Originally Posted by amigOS
check GOG page !
info are incorrect

This will be corrected when the page can be updated.

Originally Posted by Squesing
Your cold, false and arrogant answer bring your company's reputation even more shame.

Nothing I wrote was false or arrogant. As for cold: I checked on the situation, reported back and tried to explain the situation and the development process. If that is unacceptable, I fail to see how getting emotional would help.

Originally Posted by Squesing
I really hope your game will sell ZERO in Italy, and I will make my best to make this dream come true.

If you were to be slightly more "cold" you might consider if that would make an Italian localisation more or less likely after release.