Originally Posted by Vlad the Impaler
If Larian makes BG3 turned based it won't be Baldur's Gate.

Well, that's the subject of another thread. But in case you don't know, Larian most certainly is making BG3 turn based

Also, with the pause options available in BG & BG2 a player can play it exactly like a TB game if the player wants simply by selecting only the "Round" option. Then the game will automatically pause only at the end of each round/turn just like in a TB game. The additional options allow more flexibility for more player control and as little or as much control as the player wants to have..

You really don't seem to know what TB is. The 'round' as you describe it comprises all characters, unlike a 'round' in a TB game. And RTwP can give you less control if you want it, but not more (explain how you can have more control than TB, wherein every single action every player makes is actuated by you and absolutely nothing they do is automatic).

You misrepresent the pauses during RTwP combat as if the player is doing nothing during the pause when that is far from accurate. When I'm pausing the game action in a RTwP encounter the action may be pausing on the screen but I'm doing the opposite of pausing. I'm analyzing, evaluating, planning, changing plans, making decisions about a change to tactics or not and giving new orders or not. Because I am immersed in what is happening, even during the pause, I'm reacting to what was/is happening, I'm proactively managing and leading what is going to happen because my mind and my attention and my fingers/hands and my participation are NOT pausing. My mind, attention, fingers/hands, and participation are doing the opposite of pausing.

This sounds exactly like what is going on with TB. But you don't seem to understand what TB is, so I guess it won't relate.