Originally Posted by Malabolgia

If at a precise question "will Italian language be supported"? You reply "absolutely yes", you make me think that you know what you're talking about, so it's hard to believe they underestimated this task.
Consider, please, that we're talking about a major feature (as I also pointed out previously, in a part which you didn't quote).
In any case, for me, what they had and are having is not acceptable behavior.

So you suggest they deliberately said there will be an an Italian translation, without ever intending it? I can't see any reason for it.

Without a doubt, that was a wrong promise to make, but at the same time... the game isn't even being sold. And it won't be properly out for some time. It's not like Larian sold you a game, promising a feature that wasn't delivered. In the end if they would say that they didn't support Italian from the get-go the end result would be the same. It's disappointing, and I understand and it is a big PR hit with Italian playerbase. Would it really be much different if they would foresee from the get go, that Italian translation won't make it?

Originally Posted by Elledain

I understand not being able to develop additional content, but when you make a product less usable for a small or large community, it's annoying.

But... translation IS content. People need to spend time making it, reviewing it, implimenting it, and QA it as any other form of content. There are thousands of languages, and obviously vast majority of them won't be supported. It is unfortunate that Italian found itself among currently unsupported languages, and it's even more unfortunate that earlier Larian promised that it would be. Hopefully, it will change at some point in the future. Whenever it's major or minor feature most likely depends person to person. It seems many people here care for it, and I hope Larian will find a way to accomodate them sooner rather then later.