Originally Posted by Wormerine
Originally Posted by Malabolgia

If at a precise question "will Italian language be supported"? You reply "absolutely yes", you make me think that you know what you're talking about, so it's hard to believe they underestimated this task.
Consider, please, that we're talking about a major feature (as I also pointed out previously, in a part which you didn't quote).
In any case, for me, what they had and are having is not acceptable behavior.

So you suggest they deliberately said there will be an an Italian translation, without ever intending it? I can't see any reason for it.

I don't know if they ever intended to translate it to italian, but well, if someone from an important italian journal asks you about the localization, it's way easier to reply yes than no, don't you think? I leave it to you to figure out why.

Originally Posted by Wormerine

Without a doubt, that was a wrong promise to make, but at the same time... the game isn't even being sold. And it won't be properly out for some time. It's not like Larian sold you a game, promising a feature that wasn't delivered. In the end if they would say that they didn't support Italian from the get-go the end result would be the same. It's disappointing, and I understand and it is a big PR hit with Italian playerbase. Would it really be much different if they would foresee from the get go, that Italian translation won't make it?

Of course it's different, even if leading to the same result.
If they told you they are making BG3 and then they suddenly remove any reference to D&D, wouldn't that be annoying?
My example is deliberately exaggerated, but would it be different if they told you from the beginning? Yes.

Consider please that they never told us about the change of plans. We discovered it by chance because it was asked by a user. Is this how you would treat your customers?

This has something to do with the ethic of a company.
Promissio boni viri est obligatio.

Last edited by Malabolgia; 24/08/20 03:06 PM.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.