[Linked Image]

joking(up to a point)

Never was GIF more accurate. So sad. <\3

una discussione... mooooolto lunga

S
stranger
stranger
S
We waiting replys for Raze, As he says.. I'm sure coming some days..
Wait and hope..

*** Amateur translation, sorry for the bad language ***

Last edited by Sirius_Bk; 29/08/20 02:28 PM.
stranger
stranger
Finally Larian have start Baldur's Gate translation! This is first row translated!

[img]https://i.ibb.co/DV96ZCK/baldur3.jpg[/img]

Last edited by Steven Clark; 29/08/20 04:17 PM.
apprentice
apprentice
but in larian are everyone on vacation? @raze are you still an employee or are you ignoring us on purpose?

Last edited by pbrosio; 29/08/20 06:06 PM.
M
stranger
stranger
M
Originally Posted by Steven Clark
Finally Larian have start Baldur's Gate translation! This is first row translated!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][/quote]

Last edited by Malabolgia; 29/08/20 10:30 PM.

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

Support
Support
Originally Posted by pbrosio
but in larian are everyone on vacation? @raze are you still an employee or are you ignoring us on purpose?

Everyone at Larian is quite busy. I am not ignoring you, I just don't have any updates. There will be an official response, but it will take some time to do the required due diligence.

Tutti a Larian sono piuttosto impegnati. Non ti sto ignorando, semplicemente non ho aggiornamenti. Ci sarà una risposta ufficiale, ma ci vorrà del tempo per fare la dovuta diligenza.

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by Raze

Everyone at Larian is quite busy. I am not ignoring you, I just don't have any updates. There will be an official response, but it will take some time to do the required due diligence.

Tutti a Larian sono piuttosto impegnati. Non ti sto ignorando, semplicemente non ho aggiornamenti. Ci sarà una risposta ufficiale, ma ci vorrà del tempo per fare la dovuta diligenza.

Well guys now starts the waiting game, let's just hope that our voice was heard.

Last edited by CeliaPunk23; 30/08/20 07:51 AM.
stranger
stranger

Thank you, our dream is play BG3 in our language... We hope you try to realize it at least. Good day and good job.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grazie, il nostro sogno è giocare BG3 nella nostra lingua... Speriamo che almeno ci provate a realizzarlo. Buona giornata e buon lavoro.

Last edited by Tocketz; 30/08/20 08:05 AM.
stranger
stranger
grazie della risposta,
è giusto che la cosa sia discussa internamente in azienda prima di una dichiarazione ufficiale.
Penso che a livello etico (e non solamente, anche per evitare problemi legali successive) la vostra risposta ufficiale di tradurre o ( più probabilmente di non tradurre più il gioco italiano) debba essere fatta in modo ufficiale e definitivo prima dell'inizio della vendita dell'early access. l'ultima vostra intervista ufficiale in italia era proprio quella dove il CEO confermava la localizzazione italiana. cominciare a vendere il prodotto prima di aver reso pubblica la NON traduzione del titolo penso sia doveroso, e deve essere fatto un comunicato ufficiale. perché ad oggi ufficialmente non avete detto agli organi di stampa italiani che non traducete più il titolo, e ci saranno sicuramente persone che non sono state informate della cosa e rischiano di acquistare un titolo diverso da quanto avete pubblicizzato fino a poco tempo fa.

thanks for your answer,
it must be discussed internally in the company before an official statement.
on ethical level (and not only, also to avoid subsequent legal problems) your official response to translate o must be told before to sell the early access. your last official interview in Italy was the one where the CEO confirmed the Italian location. I think it is right to start selling the product before having made public the NOT translation of the title, and an official statement must be made. because to date you have not officially told the Italian press that you will no longer translate the title, and there will certainly be people who have not been informed of this, and they are going to buy a different title from what you advertised until few weeks ago.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Theseus87

on ethical level (and not only, also to avoid subsequent legal problems) your official response to translate o must be told before to sell the early access. your last official interview in Italy was the one where the CEO confirmed the Italian location.

What legal problems? Game still isn't and hasn't been on sale so there is no false advertising, and as of now BG3 will not be translated into Italian. Supported languages are listed on steam. Anyone buying EA understands it won't have Italian translation. All you can sue Larian for is disappointment.

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/08/20 12:06 PM.
stranger
stranger
without an interview or official statement, which in fact I was suggesting.

or do you really think people are glued to the forums to follow every little update. if he had not made those public statements, the problem didn't exist.

I have only exposed a possible problem, I expect fairness, an illusion.
silly example: if you publish a story in a national newspaper you cannot expect the same resonance if you correct it using a country newspaper

Last edited by Theseus87; 30/08/20 02:07 PM.
stranger
stranger

Thanks for the reply, we will look forward for a (hopefully quick) official response

Have a nice day

veteran
veteran

or do you really think people are glued to the forums to follow every little update. if he had not made those public statements, the problem didn't exist.

What problem? You mentioned legal problems (unless google translate messed up something). I doubt an old interview has any legal weight, and up-to-date sources, like the store pages, don't advertise the language. And if someone buys the game with an outdated assumption that the game has an Italian translation by mistake, they can refund it without an issue.

And if the newspaper is so important then I suppose go bother them to a report on it? Do you expect for devs to issue correction to every newsletter they did an interview with, every time they change/drop/modify feature list?

Last edited by Wormerine; 30/08/20 09:32 PM.
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Wormerine

What problem? You mentioned legal problems (unless google translate messed up something). I doubt an old interview has any legal weight, and up-to-date sources, like the store pages, don't advertise the language. And if someone buys the game with an outdated assumption that the game has an Italian translation by mistake, they can refund it without an issue.

And if the newspaper is so important then I suppose go bother them to a report on it? Do you expect for devs to issue correction to every newsletter they did an interview with, every time they change/drop/modify feature list?

Not so easy. It's not only a money matter. With that interview Larian advertised in Italy. Not a little thing.

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Undomiel

Not so easy. It's not only a money matter. With that interview Larian advertised in Italy. Not a little thing.

Isn’t it, though...? I fail to see what would one want to sue Larian over. Steam page is up to date - however buys the game, gets what they buy. And if they are not happy, they can refund it. What features Sven hoped to have in game months ago is of little relevance.

journeyman
journeyman

Isn’t it, though...? I fail to see what would one want to sue Larian over. Steam page is up to date - however buys the game, gets what they buy. And if they are not happy, they can refund it. What features Sven hoped to have in game months ago is of little relevance.

Larian, like it or not, took advantage of a increasing interest in Italy with that interview. Nothing of illegal, but a not correct behaviour toward Italian community if it breaks its word.

apprentice
apprentice

For you the unfulfilled promise of the Italian localization will not matter because you are not Italian! For us who are Italian it is ... yours seems to me a very little empathic answer. I would like to know if for example this thing had happened for the French localization, do you think that the French would not have reacted like that? It is easy to speak up and judge when the matter does not directly concern you.

Thank you Raze for the reply, I hope for a positive official response.
Have a nice day

veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by Elledain

For you the unfulfilled promise of the Italian localization will not matter because you are not Italian! For us who are Italian it is ... yours seems to me a very little empathic answer.

Not at all. I think that, sucks, and I think that really sucks that Sven gave you guys expectation of being able to play BG3 in Italian and then backed out. I genuily hope that the translation will happen as many of you care for it so much.

I just found the warning regarding Larian facing legal consequences so bizarre that I felt compelled to reply. Other then that, be upset as much as you feel is appropriate.

M
stranger
stranger
M

What features Sven hoped to have in game months ago

What features Sven hoped was certain to have in game months ago

smile

We must not promise what we ought not, lest we be called on to perform what we cannot.
Abraham Lincoln, 1856.

Page 21 of 26 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 25 26

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard