Hmm...

Ignoring the "greedy" aspect of things, there is someting of a conundrum here for some of us.

I like video game RPGs, FR games in general and the previous BG games in particular, but did not really like D:OS, partly because for video games I am exclusively SP, and the Larian style recently is really focused on what makes a good co-op game. So, as things stand, I don't have certainty that I will want to play BG3, am therefore unlikely to join EA to give feedback, making it less likely the final game will be something I want to buy..

So, if the purpose of EA is to improve the game, but it is full price, it is unlikely to attract any but those that would have purchased the final product regardless of EA. You get something of an echo chamber effect, and are likely to get a more restricted range of feedback.

As this is not a means of gaining funding, one would not expect to receive access to the 1.0 release for anything less than the normal full price; but, an alternative might be a lesser EA price, which can be "upgraded" for the full game. I don't expect this to change, but there is some logic to it.