Originally Posted by Annyliese
Early Access is a formative experience.

It certainly can be; and for that very reason, I think it is better to keep the price higher to keep out more of those who would unjustifiably pan the game.

if someone buys the game under the impression that the game will come out as it has currently be seen, they may end up disappointed with the purchase when the finished version of the game is patched in, or even just on one of the larger EA updates.

You can't help stupid. If someone buys EA and doesn't know what that entails, then that's on them. That being said, however much the game might change between 9/30/2020 and release, I doubt it will be so substantially different so as to make someone do a 180 (or even a '90').

for some it does come off as a greedy motion. A way to tease players with some early time with the game while Larian profits off of it, instead of spending time, money and other resources on getting playtesting done without EA.

Larian will make no more or less of a profit this way. And I don't see how EA diminishes their use of time, money, etc. Seems like a win-win to me.

It's nice on the surface to feel like you have an impact on the game's development, but realistically it's hard to prove that your view for the game is any more (or less) represented in either scenario.

Not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that there is no good reason to think that our feedback in EA is going to have any real impact on the end result?

I understand you are on board and are just trying to illustrate a different viewpoint, and that's cool. Ultimately, all opinions on this are valid in the sense that we all have a voice/wallet to exercise. There's really no more to it than that.