Originally Posted by Tyndaleon
I stand by my prior post. I analyzed and explained why the content of the Steam post you made & referenced was reacted to as it was, since you brought the comments made to you over here.
I would not have to bring anything over here if you had not brought a steam discussion over here, which I said before, I don't really see the point in doing.

As stated in that reply, no one knew of you until that point, all we had to go by was the tone and character of your post in addition to what your Steam history said for you, which was also a rant about EA for another game. And I suggested perhaps a healthier, more mature and constructive way to share your opinion(s) going forward.
Still going to say, let steam discussions be steam discussions, please take them to steam, where they belong.

To turn your own phrase: if that's what you consider an 'attack', then you and I have very different views on what constitutes an 'attack'.
Taking a discussion from another forum to this forum just to paint a negative image of me is an attack. And why do you continue here? I've asked a couple of times, but if you have problems with a steam discussion, please take it to steam.

If somehow you misunderstood something of it based on the language differential you brought forth, then I'll be happy to apologize in that instance.
I think my wording might be wrong at times, and not understanding some things also.

As it relates to EA, different developers/game publishers have different approaches, goals, contexts and history involved in each case.
Yes, and in this case, this developer, this game studios decision to ask full price for an early access is in my opinion too much.

In the specific case of Larian and BG3, EA vs pre-order is not an either/or proposition but rather one of conjunction of both. A random Google to a Wikipedia article or the like doesn't apply the same in every situation. Regardless if you choose to participate in EA or not, if you purchase BG3 before the official launch date, you are by very definition pre-ordering in this case.
I don't think you understand, it is what Early access and Preorder means, not what opinions people have of the name. A preorder is ordering a game that is fully released and getting that fully released game in the mail (or by other means) on that fully released games realease date (in most cases a Version 1.0 or higher). Early access simply means that, paying to play a game before it's full game release date (before Version 1.0. Maybe Version 0.2 or 0.8) There is a very very big difference. I don't really see the point in arguing what a preorder is, research it if you want to. smile

As Raze reminded as well, Larian has repeatedly warned the wrong minded sort of consumer away and advised they don't pre-order and play in EA, and instead pay for the game after release.
I did not really understand this, but am I "wrong minded" to think that the price is high? I'm really looking forward to playing the game, and if I can contribute, that would be awesome. The only thing I'm trying to discuss, is the price of early access.

Essentially, it sounds as though waiting would be the best decision and approach for you, but whatever you decide, my hope is that you come to enjoy the game as much as the rest of us, and I wish you well sir.
I'm not gonna wait, I'm gonna play the game, and hopefully enjoying it as much as I think I will smile
And I'm not doing the quoting thing correctly, I apoligize..

Last edited by Nebbit; 06/09/20 11:25 AM.