Originally Posted by Wormerine
Crowdfunded games have you pay MORE for early access.
This is probably true, I will take your word for it. But on the contrary, a beta is free smile

Here is the thing: if you are not sure if you won't to buy Baldur's Gate3 - then don't buy it yet. Larian doesn't want to encourage people to buy in early, if they are not already interested in BG3 - they have been vocal about it, and pricing supports it.
I kinda agree, just not the price, but if they only wanted people already interested in BG3, they would not release early access to the entire world. Because many people will pay and play early access just because a friend of them will, they hear good things about it or any other reason, even if they have no idea what they are getting into. Larian knows this.

You have nothing to gain by buying to EA - you will get the worse experience and you pay the same as if you wait. If you are interested in BG3, however, and want to provide feedback and be a Guinea Pig for their experiments - you can pre-order the game and test it. If you are not interested in it - wait for 1.0.
I agree with this, but I still believe people that does not know what BG3 is,will still buy the game smile

EDIT. As mentioned before, there are titles that release for full price in EA. It is uncommon, and generally business model wants people to buy in early (aka. we need money to actually work on the game). Not so much in this case (Can't speak about Larian's budget but 1) with that scale it would be silly to count on EA money to finish the project 2) they said it: Buy EA only if you want to make the game better.
Yes and no, If they only wanted feedback to make the game better, they would simply give out beta keys and make people pay for the game after the beta ended. In this case, they are asking for money, indicating that they need it in some way. This is how I understand it atleast smile

Either way, I hope this game is gonna be as good as I hope, even If I have to pay full price.

Last edited by Nebbit; 06/09/20 11:29 AM.