Originally Posted by Fresh91
Originally Posted by The Composer

While a game is in development, a lot of text and dialogue is prone to undergo many changes, additions, removals, etc. It probably makes most sense to limit translations to a minimal degree until the material that needs translation is set in stone. Having to constantly translate and re-translate edits as development goes along is enough work with just English alone, any extra language on top of that imposes a lot more work on both those involved in translation directly, and supervisors / organizers and editors to divert extra time and effort into every extra translation.

I imagine it's more of a "Make the game first, everything else after." sort of thing.

I am very disappointed with this new statement. Are you seriously telling me that by "minimal language" you mean English, Spanish, French, German, Russian, POLISH and CHINESE ??? Seven languages ​​supported. If you call these to me "minimal language" I start seriously thinking of being taken for a ride. Okay, okay, let's shit as a country. We don't have enough market to entice a translation, ok, I understand. As I said in another post, I fully understand certain business decisions, you are talking about a product to sell, you are not doing it for the love of the people. But from here to say that seven supported languages ​​are "just the minimum language given the amount of text", no. NO. Fuck NO. Seven locales ARE NOT minimum language. At least have the balls to say "we don't make enough money with Italian, don't break our balls".
Because here we are going beyond the phony press release in an official interview that has deluded thousands of fans of the series. Here we have come to not want to lose face and to remedy the said bullshit we are finding excuses. FUCKING EXCUSES.
Just to be clear, I'll list the steps:
- "you will ABSOLUTELY have Italian"
- "er ... who talked about adding the Italian language?"
- "oops ... we forgot about it"
- "no, no, it's not a cost issue, it's OTHER THINGS"
- "we will consider adding more languages ​​in the future"
- "MAYBE we will consider adding more languages ​​in the future"
- "guys, translating into Italian costs"
- "but it's not a cost issue eh! No, no. We're just trying to keep the languages ​​to a minimum given the amount of text".
Now, maybe I'll have raised the tone a bit, but we haven't had an official release or AT LEAST an official apology from Larian Studios in weeks, saying "sorry, we were wrong, we were a bit of an asshole, but, the game unfortunately it will only be in English ".
Maybe it's just because understanding that you have been deluded for EIGHT MONTHS by a software house that you admired and appreciated makes your ass burn a little too much ...
Forgive the outburst and good luck with the creation and completion of the finished product.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sono molto deluso da questa nuova dichiarazione. Mi state seriamente dicendo che per "linguaggio minimo" intendete inglese, spagnolo, francese, tedesco, russo, POLACCO e CINESE??? Sette lingue supportate. Se queste me le chiami "linguaggio minimo" inizio seriamente a pensare di essere preso per il culo. Va bene, d'accordo, facciamo cagare come paese. Non abbiamo abbastanza mercato da invogliare una traduzione, ok, lo capisco. Come ho già detto in un altro post, capisco perfettamente certe decisioni aziendali, si sta parlado di un prodotto da vendere, non lo si sta facendo per amore del popolo. Ma da qui a dire che sette lingue supportate sono "giusto il linguaggio minimo data la mole di testo", no. NO. Cazzo NO. Sette localizzazioni NON SONO linguaggio minimo. Abbiate per lo meno le palle di dire "non ci guadagniamo abbastanza con l'italiano, non rompeteci i coglioni".
Perchè qui stiamo andando oltre il comunicato farlocco in un'intervista ufficiale che ha illuso migliaia di fan della serie. Qui siamo arrivati a non voler perdere la faccia e per rimediare alla cazzata detta si stanno trovando scuse. SCUSE DEL CAZZO.
Giusto per essere chiaro, vi elenco i passaggi:
- "avrete ASSOLUTAMENTE l'italiano"
- "ehm... chi ha parlato di aggiungere la lingua italiana?"
- "ops... ce ne siamo dimenticati"
- "no, no, non è un problema di costi, sono ALTRE COSE"
- "valuteremo di aggiungere altre lingue in futuro"
- "FORSE valuteremo di aggiungere altre lingue in futuro"
- "ragazzi, tradurre in italiano costa"
- "però non è un problema di costi eh! No, no. Stiamo solo cercando di mantenere i linguaggi minimi data la mole di testo".
Ora, forse avrò alzato un po' i toni, ma sono settimane che non si ha un comunicato ufficiale o ALMENO delle scuse ufficiali da Larian Studios, che dica "scusate, ci siamo sbagliati, siamo stati un po' stronzi, ma, il gioco purtroppo sarà solo in inglese".
Forse è solo perchè capire di essere stato illuso per OTTO MESI da una software house che ammiravi e apprezzavi fa bruciare un po' troppo il culetto...
Perdonate lo sfogo e in bocca al lupo con la realizzazione e il completamento del prodotto finito.

Totally agree on every point, that's exactly how I think!
————————-
Totalmente d'accordo su ogni punto, è esattamente come la penso!