Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#675349 20/09/20 07:07 AM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
Hello

I bought Divinity - original sin 2 definitive edition a week ago, but I'm having some problems getting it to work..

I have a LENOVO with an i7-9750H@2.6GHZ, 16GB RAM and a RTX 2060 GPU.

With these specs I reckon I should be able to max the game at 1080p, but regardless of any setting I choose, or any resolution (even 640x400 with very low preset) I only get max 10 FPS.
This is at the main menu.. I haven't even bothered creating a new game..The strange thing is that it sometimes jumps up to 60 fps for maybe 10 seconds and then it's aweful again for a while..

I've tried looking at other posts and doing what they recommend, like:
- turning of secure boot
- playing with affinity and priority
-changing settings in the nvidia control panel

Nothing helps..

Thanks in advance

Support
Support

How is the performance if you start the Classic version of the game?
A few people have run into this issue in the DE with nvidia graphics, but Classic being ok, which can often be fixed by disabling the 'Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling' option in the drivers.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/6/1749024107678650956/

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.
Try right clicking the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' option (set it to Application), maybe run as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization, and set a Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode, to see if that makes a difference. Disabling fullscreen optimization helped one person with this problem with AMD graphics, in the GOG version of the game.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Maybe try a clean re-install of the graphics drivers. See here or here, for example.

stranger
stranger
Hello. I had the same problem, rolling back to the previous version of Nvidia drivers 452.06 helped.

My system
Windows 10 ver. 2004 (19041.508)
Intel Core i7-3770K
16 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070

stranger
OP Offline
stranger
For anyone that has the same problem, disabling "Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling" fixes it!

http://forums.larian.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=652940#Post652940

stranger
stranger
Originally Posted by Raze

How is the performance if you start the Classic version of the game?
A few people have run into this issue in the DE with nvidia graphics, but Classic being ok, which can often be fixed by disabling the 'Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling' option in the drivers.
https://steamcommunity.com/app/435150/discussions/6/1749024107678650956/

Try exiting out of the Steam client, and starting the game directly from the '..\SteamApps\common\Divinity Original Sin 2\DefEd\bin\EoCApp.exe' program file, by right clicking and running as administrator.
Try right clicking the executable, select Properties, switch to the Compatibility tab and check off the 'Override high DPI scaling behavior' option (set it to Application), maybe run as administrator and disable fullscreen optimization, and set a Win 7 or 8 compatibility mode, to see if that makes a difference. Disabling fullscreen optimization helped one person with this problem with AMD graphics, in the GOG version of the game.

Try doing a clean boot and then test the game. Click Start, or hit WinKey-R, type in msconfig and hit enter; in the General tab, click Selective Startup, uncheck Load startup items (if required) and leave Load system services and Use original boot configuration options checked. Next, click on the Services tab, check the box to Hide all Microsoft services, then click the Disable All button (maybe make a note of which are currently enabled/disabled), then click OK and reboot the computer.
Run msconfig again to switch back to the normal boot configuration.

Maybe try a clean re-install of the graphics drivers. See here or here, for example.

Had the same issue. Can confirm that Disabling Hardware-accelerated GPU scheduling fixed it for me.
Maybe it add to the "Technical issues and solutions" Pinned thread?

Support
Support

Yes, I've been planning to update the stickied topic.

Moderated by  gbnf, Monodon 

Link Copied to Clipboard