Originally Posted by vometia
Which is fine, as long as it stays away from "that" discussion (by way of an explanation, for a time it was at risk of becoming the TB/RT forum as the debate was going on in many different topics at the same time, to the exclusion of the actual discussion).

In terms of "generic action and twitch combat" I think can see the point. Where e.g. Mass Effect could be viewed as an "action RPG" in a literal sense, I think they took it too far with Mass Effect 2 which felt way too much like a shooter for too much of the time, which IMHO was not really conducive to the gameplay. Which is of course subjective and many people very vocally preferred it to the original; and while I didn't hate the game overall, I don't think their move in that direction enhanced gameplay, which I preferred to be more methodical and less, well, shooty.

Yeah, and to argue that anything action is an evolution of more cerebral gameplay is just wrong. You may have a preference for one over the other (I personally don't), but that's different.

Last edited by Sven_; 26/09/20 11:21 AM.