Originally Posted by Tzelanit
Everyone is aware that you're not going to be limited to just one playthrough, correct?
I like the idea of bottlenecking the party and having to make a tough call. It allows for even more opportunities to build different ideologies around different playthroughs depending on character personalities.

Personally the issue is how playable the game is with different character combinations if you get bottlenecked down to a small party that won't change, particularly if your "main" isn't one of the core roles. If that is dealt with (and we will probably find out early in EA) , then as long as there is a strong story related reason for the bottleneck, I'm fine. I found it pretty arbitrary in DOS2, but I can think of a couple of quite valid reasons for the scenario we've been presented with: limited doses of whatever treatment delays cerebromorphosis (I have to assume we're not being completely cured until nearly the end) is a highly plausible situation (yes the designers arbitrarily decided the number of doses, but not having enough medicine or hospital beds for everyone who needs it is a situation that happens in real life), as is being compelled to join one or another faction to get the treatment, and the different factions may not be acceptable to all party members (as a cleric, Shadowheart may object to selling her soul to a devil (and Wyll may not be able to as there is a prior claim already), Lae'zel presumably would refuse to join some sort of mind flayer cult that embraces the tadpole) - the latter option may be better as it allows re-use of the other party members as antagonists later - killing a mind flayer wearing Gale's clothes is not the same as interacting with Gale a couple more times on opposite sides before a throw down (and potentially bringing him back into the fold for Act 3).