Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#677629 06/10/20 10:38 PM
stranger
OP Offline
stranger
The beginning loading screen is stuck just under halfway and has been like this for 20 mins. I have tried restarting the game and my computer. Anybody else have this problem?

stranger
stranger
Yes, I have had this problem NUMEROUS times since Patch #7 launch.

Try this... https://larian.com/support/faqs/the-launcher-has-a-data-mismatch-error_78

Or maybe this (I have to do this every time I start the game)... It was an answer to a ticket I sent Larian.

Try browsing to the 'C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Larian Studios' folder and rename the 'Baldur's Gate 3' subfolder. The easiest way to get there would be to copy the line below into the location bar in Explorer and hit Enter.
%LocalAppData%\Larian Studios

This folder contains the saved games, configuration files and a level cache folder. Deleting or renaming it will get the game to recreate it on startup; playing the game from a different Windows user account would effectively do the same thing. With Steam running and cloud support enabled, the client would just download the cloud copy of your existing profile.

After that, start the game, start a new playthrough and check if you have the same problem without mods (if it is possible to check early in a new game). If that works, exit and copy a couple saves from the renamed folder into the newly created profile's ..\Savegames\Story folder. If that helps in general, move the rest of the saves over.

If that doesn't help, delete the new BG3 folder and extract the replacement folder from the download below into your '..\Local\Larian Studios' folder to test.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/o03s...rlkey=4owsvlivvu6mzsz3ig5k3qfc1&dl=1

The graphicSettings.lsx file is set to 1280x720 Windowed mode and Very Low quality preset, which you can change in the options (manually, or hit autodetect) if this helps.

If the game still has the same issues, delete the replacement BG3 folder and rename the original back again (as well as in the Documents folder, if applicable).

Hope this helps.

Link Copied to Clipboard