Originally Posted by CkNoSFeRaTU
For me on my old computer built in 2014 (EVGA X99 FTW (150-HE-E997), i7 5820k, 4x8GB DDR4-2400 Crucial Ballistix Sport (BLS8G4D240FSA) in quad channel, EVGA 3GB 780TI Dual Classified (03G-P4-2888-KR), win10) current vulkan perfomance is much worse than dx11. It has constant microstutters when moving/rotating camera and fps numbers dipped to uncomfortable 20ish fps values after ship prologue in most areas. When on dx11 I have no issues on ultra preset with steady 50-55 fps:
[Linked Image] [Linked Image]

For now it looks like engine hasn't been optimized with dx12/vulkan lowlevel differences in mind yet. And vulkan implementation was just slapped on top of already existing dx11 renderer implementation without required rendering pipeline redesign. As a result it currently don't give any perfomance benefits which you would expect from lowlevel api and on contrary has the worse performance akin to wrappers.

Though mileage will slightly vary for everyone as geforce drivers generally performing worse on vulkan than radeons, especially on old cards, but performs way better on old directx apis.

I have no idea what you just said, but if Larian reads this, I'm sure that it's going to be very helpful, lol.

I don't want to fall to bits 'cos of excess existential thought.