I never particularly liked DnD(-ish) computer games (BGs, Neverwinter Nights, etc). Still tried to play for the story and dialogues, but the combat system was dull for me. It's just too slow, boring.. I don't know exactly how to describe it. Combat in DOS games however, *especially* surface interactions, is awesome. Very dynamic and fun, lots of options in combat, much more engaging and tactical. Therefore, BG3 being close to DOS is the only reason for me to be hopeful that the game will be great. And so far I'm absolutely loving it (minus the bugs and some nitpicks). I wish they'd show number ranges in a form suitable for humans, i.e. 2d4+2 should be displayed as 4-10. People shouldn't have to be living calculators to be able to just read some text off the screen. That's a rudiment from physical dice games, but we're on computers you know, it's 21 century and computers are able to generate random numbers for you, there is no physical dice and none of the complications are needed for any reason. So, nitpicks like that. But things that matter - visuals, characters, dialogues, story, combat etc - so far are great. If it were like old BG I wouldn't have been interested at all.

Last edited by Wi1em_; 08/10/20 08:56 AM.