Originally Posted by Oinkus
Companions aren't exactly fun at the start and that is as far as I have gotten. Whole idea of Game=Fun seems to be lost ? I keep running through the first 2 areas trying different classes but it is completely linear without much room for any sort of leeway to take a left and go off Larians plotted course. Everything in the Universe being hostile is not my idea of a good game of D&D. Removal of Alignment and changing the basic ruleset seemingly randomly makes for some weirdness. Feels a lot like DoS 2 and that is NOT good in my opinion.

I agree, Game=Fun is the most important thing for me!

I am not really much of a gamer, so please take my information with a large grain of salt. BG was actually a gift I received a long time ago, and the only other computer game I had ever played at that point was Lords of Magic, which was also a gift. I played BG many times through and loved it, especially once I discovered EE Keeper. I went through a period when I dabbled with Arcanum, Temple of Elemental Evil, Diabolo, Morrowind, Dungeon Siege, & Icewind Dale, but I never finished those games. I managed to barely finish NWN and Dragon Age because I liked the BioWare people and I was a NWN beta tester, but I was basically on autopilot by the endings of those games. I just stopped playing after that. I did recently pick up the Beamdog BG Dragonspear expansion, but that turned into another autopilot situation.

So here comes BG III finally, and I expect to see lots of constructive criticism in the forums and reviews because people have a lot of love for the BG legacy. I am hoping the bottom line will be that the game is overall fun to play. I look forward to the full release!