Originally Posted by Warlocke
Originally Posted by WarBaby2
Originally Posted by Gothfather
It is reasonable to dislike or like the game, it is unreasonable to expect BG III to play and feel like BG I & II, especially mechanically.

Let's just say: There is big group of Buldur's Gate and CRPG vets that might disagree with you there, and Larian took them all aboard when they took up this IP... whether they like it or not. Seriously, this happens all the time these days... Star Wars, Star Trek, Ghostbusters, etc. etc. etc. and it's always the same apologia when it goes south: "It's not like the original property of old you remember, and that's a good thing" or "...and it shouldn't be!" or "...deal with it!" etc. blah blah, all the stupid hot takes one can imagine...

Yea, no, you take up an existing IP for an easy nostalgia headstart and name recognition, you have to deal with the baggage... that's how it works. You don't want that? Make/stick to your own IPs, and leave the classics alone. End of story.

BG3 is only in EA and it is the top seller in Steam. It’s probably going to sell really well and make Larian boatloads of money. So your instance on purity ultimatum is definitely not the end of the story. Despite your instances, Larian can and will ride roughshod over your demands. 😂

We'll see about that... remember, the "new" SW trilogy made billions, and still damaged the franchise permanently.

Look, I know, it's hard living in an era/generation where practically everything worthwhile has already been done, and done better, before, I get it... so, feel free to call me a purist, a gate keeper, or whatever let's you sleep at night, it doesn't really matter.