Originally Posted by Warlocke
I don’t think we are living in an era where everything that has already been done has been done better. I think video games are better than they ever have been.

Baldur’s Gate 1 and 2 were my favorite games growing up. Divinity OS2 is my favorite RPG since then. Having them make a baby is a dream come true for me, and based on what I’ve played so far BG3 will probably be my new favorite game of all time. I’m sleeping great these days.

And despite the new SW trilogy being utter crap, the franchise isn’t any more damaged than the prequel trilogy being utter crap, too. That new Star Wars game did really well and Baby Yoda is a global phenomenon. I don’t think you are a very good adjudicator of success and failure.

Now what really doesn’t matter is you telling Larian what they can and can’t do. I’m not trying to be mean, but that’s a fact, because they are totally doing something you said that they can’t do. They are making this game their own, it’s probably going to sell better than the original games, so the baggage of purists is a non-factor.

Well said, and another to note is that there's plenty of fans who will never be pleased no matter what you make.

You can't make a BG3 that makes everyone happy. Look at the remasters of BG1-2. A vast majority of people couldn't even get through the beginning of the game, as seen in the steam achievement charts. The nostalgia glasses were ripped off.

If you add every feature that these purists want you'll make a terrible game that really won't sell well at all. Not even mentioning that you have multiple audiences here, simply going RTwP would alienate the DnD audience which is far bigger than the number of fans for the original rtwp games.