I'm finding the game pretty much impossible to enjoy because of the difficulty.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I feel like I must have fallen behind, because I'm now at a stage where I can't progress. I'm Wizard 3, with Wyll, Shadowheart and Lae'zel also level 3. I've left the druid grove and cleared out the blighted village, and the caves underneath.

First I went north, killed some Gnolls on the road, then went to the Gnoll camp. I was outnumbered 2-1, and with the multiattacks, I was hit with 20 attacks per round at one point. I tried everything I could, but seeing them as level 4 I backed off. Pretty deflating, but I can admit to being under leveled to fight 8 level 4 mobs.

Next I was exploring and found the Riverside Teahouse. Didn't like how the story unfolded so decided to try the combat route. Prepped my party with lots of buffs at the start of the fight and beat the first enemy. Also level 4, but there was now only three of them. Soon as the second was in range, they did an attack of 31 damage (my highest HP is 28), next round, 29 damage. At this point I just turned the game off in sheer frustration.

Next, I load before that and follow towards the goblin camp. Ended up in combat at the gates. There are 7 of them, sleep put 2 down for only 1 round. By there second turn I get hit with a ton of attacks (most of my attacks miss in my second round) and despite bane on the enemy, then a fire bomb hits me and kills my healer and knocks most of the party to sub 10. I tried spacing my party better, but the game has really narrow play areas. So I reload. Again.

Outside of getting to a point of downing a potion every turn, I'm really not sure what to do here. I'm not enjoying the game at all, I'm being constantly punished everywhere I go.

Just getting that off my chest, but to the folks finding the game easy, can you talk us through your fights? I really hope I'm just missing something here, because I don't know what I don't know at this piont, and would love some tips on the fights I mentioned.