Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Theliel
Originally Posted by Yezam
Casters can be tanky. Right? I feel like min maxing allready. I don't wanna spoiler builds or anything if it is the DnD I know there will be plenty of options. I am not familiar with 5e anyway.

Depends on what you mean by tank.

Clerics can get decent AC, and have OK hit points, mages can use Mage Armor to not have horrible AC but dem d4's really start to hurt after a few levels.

Paladins are, as always, perfectly decent tanks, but that's half casting.

5e did a reasonable job removing 3.x's "Save or Suck" buffet from casters, and getting rid of CODZilla (one of the broken Cleric builds that was PHB only - Better BAB than a fighter, more armor, more HP, plus full cleric spells). You can still super min/max but you are looking for specific spells that target little used and seldom proficient saves which is easily solvable in BG3 - just don't put those spell combos into the game.

5e is intentionally more streamlined - again, it was designed to 'bring back' that AD&D feeling. You can optimize, sure, but min/maxing is difficult because the really broken combos aren't in BG3 (like the machine gun light crossbow fighter).

Right now, use Warlock with the repulsing eldrich blast. Walk backwards every turn. Hit your enemies with a push and kite them forever.

ti dont wanna spoiler a tanky build... but it is high acish and a lot more nothing is perfect ofc.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 02:58 AM.
journeyman
journeyman
Both franchises are great IMO.

It is true that in divinity you have more freedom/choice in combat and character progression.
This allows for more flexibility of items, allowing more builds. Which is IMO what made DOS the best RPG of its time.

It does feel very limiting at first playing BG after divinity.
However, this is not DOS 3. This is BG3
The game is overall really well balanced (if not more-so than DOS) and possibly more tactical because you can't "break" the game like you can in DOS.
No its not DOS 3. But if Larian was going to make a game with the same ruleset they probably would of called the game DOS 3.

There are people that are on both sides of the fence.
People who want it to be more like D&D 5e.
People who want it to be more like DOS 2

I hope we see a continuation of both franchises in the future.

journeyman
journeyman
TBH what dnd game mostly lack but ddo wich is an mmo (don't hate me for it but it IS a video game) is a serious endgame i can build for. After the story is done. I know you can always replay. But maybe there can be an addition to a game like Baldurs Gate...
And it would add to it a possible way to get into action without the need of the level process. It was just an idea i just had it doesn't fir the topic... nvm.

Last edited by Yezam; 09/10/20 03:16 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard