Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by rfuzzo
I'm not sure why I am having such a different experience... confused environmental effects aren't even that common in my experience, and you don't have to play with them at all.
Taking away environmental effects would make for an incredibly boring combat in my opinion.

If you didn't see many environmental effects you need your eyes checked. The nautiloid, the bandit camp, the druid camp, the tunnels beneath the druid camp, the tunnels beneath the tunnels beneath the druid camp, the bandit camp, the crypt, and basically every other location in the game are all chock full of explosive items. Pretty much every trap in the game is one of the gas or grease/fire environmental traps. Every time you hit an enemy with any physical weapon, it creates a blood puddle, so if you cast ray of frost on someone it turns into a knockdown effect for at least that one creature (usually more if there's a pitched battle going on). Most of the other infinite cast cantrips also create environmental effects, as do the enchanted weapons.

I wish environmental effects were actually rare, so that you would feel smart for taking advantage of them. As it is, they're a complete no-brainer and they're so plentifully attached to every cantrip and intended battlefield that they usually wind up incidentally coating everything. I think I'm about to try a playthrough were I play a strength ranger where 'explosive oil barrel' is my primary ranged attack.

Last edited by Deemer; 09/10/20 07:47 PM.
A
apprentice
apprentice
A
Originally Posted by Madscientist
+1 to the OP and everyone else who dislikes that barrels are everywhere.

Larian, if you have some people who are not workingon BG3, maybe you make a new game "BARRELMAN"
You take all the barrels from DOS and BG and put them in a new game.
Several chars fighting each other with barrels.
Each char has 3 abilities: create barels (there are pools of oil, poison or water were you can do this), trow barrels and attack barrels.
Its like Bomberman, just with barrels, so they do not explode after some seconds but only when you start a reaction, like attacking a barrel or throwing it into fire.

this, is a goldmine you created there laugh

Edit: I think Larian will tune them done a bit for players who want to play on an higher difficulty, it has been done for DOS2

Last edited by Athann; 11/10/20 01:13 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard