Originally Posted by pinklily
I actually like the unvoiced main character because it means we can have more dialogue options/opportunity for role playing. Example: Dragon Age: Origins versus Dragon Age: Inquisition. In DA:O your main character could be whoever you wanted them to be and you almost always had a ton of dialogue options to fit the mood and personality of the character you created. In Inquisition, the character was voiced but you generally only got 2-4 options, and sometimes the voicing of those options was the same line with one element changed. That said, I liked Inquisition's main character, but it was Bioware's character--not mine. (In the same turn, I hated all three personality constructs of Hawk from DA:II)

Given that this game is all about the role playing, I think voiceless grants the player a great deal more flexibility.

I feel similarly. Most of my favorite RPGs have unvoiced main characters (KOTOR 2, DA:O) and it lets the devs provide a much broader range of dialogue options. It also lets me imagine how my character sounds and delivers their lines without the game getting in the way. Characters created by the devs being voiced is fine, but I don't like my own custom character to be voiced.