Just a quick though I had while playing the game.

I realize that players can't be constantly showered with upgrades. ESPECIALLY in a game like D&D where magic items are supposed to be relatively rare, extremely expensive and they don't "scale" that much (it's mostly about special abilities, rarely about stat additions etc) and even more at low levels.

That said, the idea came to my mind that it wouldn't be half bad to be offered, say, three or four cosmetic variations even for equipment of the same tier/quality. For example you may want a Battlemaster and Eldritch Knight to wear armors that (while of the same AC value) may have a fairly distinct vibe about them. Same goes for Rogues, Rangers, Clerics.

Just to be clear, I'm talking about basic, generic items (normal armors, generic +1, +2 etc) being available in variations.
I'd take for a given that any "special" item or super rare artifact should have its own distinctive look, on the other hand.

Party control in Baldur's Gate 3 is a complete mess that begs to be addressed. SAY NO TO THE TOILET CHAIN