yeah I mean not to post twice in an hour on the same subject but...

how many times did you play BG for an extra couple hours, just for no other reason than you decided it would look cool if everyone was suddenly sporting Black and Red? Or like tried to deck everyone out in killer glowing color themes from the whole rainbow? Like "fear me I'm Tav the Green Knight!" You can tell cause I'm wearing the Green chainmail and that shitty +1 club that suddenly seems way more badass cause it has the clutch green tint hehe. Glad I didn't hawk it for the chump change.

I honestly think this stuff is way more important since they ditched custom 2D portraiture as a major feature of these games. Its always bummed me out, cause you can tell just from the splash screens here, how important cool art is to D&D. But least when the player can tweak their colors, even a really basic option can go a long way. The old BG games had what maybe something between 24-48 colors? That could be altered on the fly I mean (not including the fancy metallics.) With a Major/Minor scheme that's a lot of combinations for a look.

If BG3 did the same thing but had 3 colors rather than just 2 the color combo options go up by orders of magnitude. I mean since the late 90s sprites we can see a lot more detail on the avatar now, plenty of room for another trim color added into the mix.

White Blue and Gold -always glorious hehe.
Black Red and Gold - you villainous fiend!
Green, Dark Green and even Darker green? of course!

you get the idea

Most of the armor models are pretty beautiful, with plenty of cloth or straps or buckles and whatnot that it would be cool to see change color if the Player selected a different combo for the Char Colors on the paper doll

Last edited by Black_Elk; 10/10/20 08:52 PM.