There's definitely not enough tooltips on what things do what, what effects they have, or how the system works. Heavy vs. Finesse vs. Light weapons? I have a 5e PHB, so I could look it up to remind myself. But it isn't obvious in the EA unless you already know the rules.

What proficiencies do I have? There's not exactly easy to find, and the non-combat ones are only inferred as far as I can tell after 20 hours.

That said, I'm very comfortable with D&D combat compared to DOS2 combo/exploit tactics, which I never really got a good handle on and struggled sometimes.

Low-level 5e is brutally hard, even in pen & paper, because you don't have a lot of the tools you really need to impact a situation in an optimal way. That said, the creativity allowed in BG3 really hits the mark for me in terms of translating the tabletop to here. Pushing enemies to their deaths, or at least forcing them prone? Yes please!

- Relentless seek advantage, and press your enemies into disadvantage.
- Moderate your spell and ability usage, but extensively use the ones that recharge frequently or have no limit. Cantrips are massively improved in 5e compared to previous editions, and should be a spell-caster's go-to abilities.
^ Except for Clerics, who should be right up in the fray with the fighters.
- Positioning constantly matters. Shove and Jump are great additions to getting those advantages or avoiding those reactions.