Originally Posted by Ascorius
The people who defend the rebalancing of classes, changing of abilties etc are jumping through hoops and looking kind of silly. The game was HEAVILY advertised as an adaptation of the TTRPG experience of 5e. 98% of us understand changes need to be made to translate the game into a videogame form, but the changes they make to mechanical aspetcs and classes and abilities have no grounding in translating gameplay. The changes just brings the game closer to DoS. So either the designers lack 5e knowledge or they lack respect for the IP they are pushing. I find it ridicoulous that a company that makes wacky and bad combats, feel they need to rebalance D&D because they know better. DoS2 combat consists of standing still in a sea of fire because moving tanks your HP (I know I am oversimplifying, but it needs to be done). Now they want to bring their gimmick to D&D.

It will probably be a decent and fun game. But I doubt it will be an amazing game for us 5e nerds. I just hope the devs can swallow thier pride and make a 5e purist game mode. I doubt it will even require much programming time. Options make people happy and let them play the way they want.

This kind of messages is not helpful, just dismissive towards the dev. If you don't like Larian studio generally, I think it's pretty bold to come to their forum saying how they are shitty about game design and how they not respectful with the IP (they have the confidence of Wizards btw). As some people understand, this is an adaptation of d&d, not a game for d&d players only. You never put yourself someone new to this or just a beginner. For some people it feels already maybe a lot too much like a tabletop game.

Obviously there is some changes to be made. This is the first week of a very long early access. But I trust Larian to make the good decisions here, between the demands of purist and others gamers alike.

A d&d and Divinity enthousiast,