Originally Posted by Sylvius the Mad
Originally Posted by AnonySimon
If in BG3, you were ONLY in control of your own character, I actually wouldn't mind it being completely Turn Based. But I LOATHE having to micromanage more than 1 character each turn.

It's a party-based RPG. you play the whole party.

I can't imagine playing the original BG without controlling all the characters, and I (pretty loudly) criticized later BioWare games when they started to take that option away (NWN gave direct control over only the main character - KotOR let you control any character, but only one at a time - same with Jade Empire - DA:O gave back full party control - DA2 returned to the KotOR design, but compensated with the best customizable AI system I've ever seen - DA:I eliminated that AI control system - and the ME games aren't even really RPGs).

D&D is a party-based RPG. When you play D&D, do you play the whole party, or do you play ONE character within the party? This is the crux of my issue. Whether it is Turn-Based or RTWP, if the game is supposed to emulate D&D and use their ruleset, I only want the choice to only control one character (without playing lone wolf or multiplayer).