Originally Posted by Freddold

Keep up the good work, Larian. I love DOSII and I'm so excited about BGIII and your efforts to bring quality RPGs back to the world.

This is my message as well, after 30-40 hours including a full playthrough and a lot of shorter test runs.

I do wish Larian didn't deviate from 5E rules without a good reason. For example, I'm fine with some amount of elemental/surface effects as it brings variety to combat. I still want the cantrips to follow pen&paper rules more closely. If you throw an oil bottle and then shoot at the puddle with Fire Bolt, sure, it should ignite and create a flaming surface. But a cantrip making stone floors burn for a couple of rounds, nope to that. Just from a pure balancing point of view, since that makes cantrips equal to level 1-2 spells (maybe smaller in area, but endlessly spammable and comarable in damage).

Okay, that was the one thing I wanted to point out. But in general, I've really liked what I've seen in this early access. It's very promising that after completing Chapter 1, I started another character(s) and kept discovering new secrets, new places, new enemies, new ways to approach and solve things.