Originally Posted by rfuzzo
why would they not post in the forums? this is the official forum linked from the website.
There is also the officical news thread - I expected some form of interaction to be honest.

They have periodically interacted in the past, and Raze is an actual employee who is active here and on Steam. However, things have changed compared to how they were 10-20 years ago and employees have to be extremely careful what they say because it will be taken to be an official policy statement: that has been the case for many years now. Rather than "vaguebooking" and still have the risk of slipping up, it's better to just remain silent; and that includes the mods' forum, I don't get any sneak previews of what might be happening. At times like this it's especially risky because the whole point of EA is to gather feedback in order to ascertain player preferences and what actually works, whereas any sort of official commentary does the opposite in that it is typically regarded as a statement of intent that is set in stone.

Originally Posted by Druid_NPC
How hard could it be for them to make a community update saying "Hey people we are listening to your feedback, here are some of the thing we focusing right now: "?

Well I'm saying that. I've asked if they might provide more details, which may or may not be forthcoming, but I have first-hand information that they are taking note.

Even with something as basic as that I'm slightly loath to mention in case it encourages some people to shout louder, but that kind of misses the point, which is that they will be taking a very broad view of all types of feedback, however shouty or quietly spoken.

Last edited by vometia; 13/10/20 03:02 PM.

J'aime le fromage.