Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
journeyman
journeyman
B
Originally Posted by odesseiron81
His accuracy is terrible both for weapons and spells.

I thought I was doing something wrong on my end! I'm actually not crazy. He is borderline useless with how often he misses, especially with a max party of 4.

I disagree however that his companion introduction is lacking however. Him jumping down and proceeding to:
A) Miss
B) Die

Is about as perfect of an introduction to how he actually plays as you can get. It shows that he isn't any actual real hero, or a person who has any real experience in fighting. Be it with blade or spell. The only thing he has is Charisma, talking up the fact that he can fight. Which he does passably.

He is all bark and no bite.

Now while extremely fitting, I'm not sure he makes a good companion. Maybe at best the dude who cooks in camp and carries all the tends when the camp is packed up. But his low strength means he cant even carry much now can he?

Last edited by blazerules; 13/10/20 10:43 PM.
H
stranger
stranger
H
To be fair he's not bad as an eldritch blast spammer, but he needs a light source or the darkvision invocation when he's underground. I think most people's bad experiences with his accuracy comes from him having disadvantage when spelunking.

When I'm going to use him in the full game I'll probably give him +2 Cha at lvl 4 and Moderately Armored (+1 dex) at 8.

W
apprentice
apprentice
W
In my current playthrough Wyll died in the tiefling v druids battle, while he was already a companion and was at my camp. No option for revive.

C
stranger
stranger
C
pls give him Pact of the Blade smile so people will start using him

Last edited by Citizn; 15/10/20 03:59 AM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by kathi1212
Originally Posted by Fedifensor
It would help if the character was better designed. If you want a warlock who can fight in melee, give him the stats for it. His current setup is horrible:

Stats: Str 9, Dex 13, Con 15, Int 14, Wis 11, Cha 16
AC 12, HP 10 (at 1st level)

This is a character who only gets a +1 stat bonus to hit (via DEX), has a horrible AC...but decides to immediately jump into melee. It's pretty obvious that he's a Fiend Warlock that will choose Pact of the Blade once it is implemented...give him a build that makes this work. At a minimum, he needs a higher Dex, which would also increase his armor class.

Here's what I recommend:
Stats: Str 9, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 10, Cha 16
AC 15 (give him Studded Leather to start), HP 10 (at 1st level)

The revised version drops the Int bonus from +2 to +1, but otherwise has stat bonuses as good or better than before, and the Dex is high enough to make him a viable melee combatant with finesse weapons. If he starts with studded leather armor, he can have an AC of 15, which will significantly improve his survivability in the intro scene. The only other thing I would suggest is have him use Armor of Agathys right at the start, so he gets some added durability. The revised version is a person worthy of being called the Blade of Frontiers.

I wondered whether him being so physically weak is intended, because he says that during banter that he used to be much stronger. But the tadpole has changed him and made him weaker.

So i'm actually playing with a sick Warlock. Who would've thought? None of his stats make sense with the exception of Charisma yet on the Gate's fight he goes charging like Leeroy Jenkins with that Sword.

Last edited by JDCrenton; 15/10/20 04:07 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard