Originally Posted by Orbax

Shes the best at being a cleric - a reasonably armored individual that is there to buff, CC, or heal that shouldn't be put into vulnerable positions in the first place.

See, this is my issue - she's only the best at being a Cleric of the available companions because she's the only one who is. She's... not actually great at being a Cleric. Competent =/= great, and if I'm being honest, she's barely sniffing competent. I also disagree that Clerics shouldn't be put into vulnerable positions - WotC gave all of them Medium or Heavy armor and shields, plus Cure Wounds/Bless/Bane and even Invoke Duplicity are all touch or short range abilities. I think it was very much intended for Clerics to be able to get up close near the Fighters and Barbarians. I think it's a real shame that Shadowheart has to sacrifice her combat utility in order to make up for a weakness (AC) that most Clerics don't have and an even bigger shame that she doesn't make up for it by being outstanding out-of-combat, such as in stealth or diplomacy.

Anyway, this is a Feedback/Suggestions forum. I'm suggesting to Larian (because they mentioned it in their Patch notes) that if it's a problem that Shadowheart dies all the time (I personally think that it is), then there are a few very simple, sensible, and player/lore-friendly ways to fix that. I hope they do because I'd like to see where Shadowheart's story goes on full release, but as of right now she is by far my least favorite companion to bring along in the party.