Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
W
veteran
veteran
W
1) we were talking about the differences in editions, so table top is a valid point of reference. I have not used references interchangeably. From my first post I have always been talking about table top.

2) but okay, in IWD2 my main party was all light or no armor, and everyone could sneak.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Warlocke
1) we were talking about the differences in editions, so table top is a valid point of reference. I have not used references interchangeably. From my first post I have always been talking about table top.

2) but okay, in IWD2 my main party was all light or no armor, and everyone could sneak.

Well right, and I only talk about cRPGs and never talk about tabletop.

S
apprentice
apprentice
S
It had to be this way to make it fair that Thief is, at minimum, tied for overall strongest subclass right now.

veteran
veteran
Plenty of threads with complaints not about the game, but about the basic rules of D&D5e, the Tabletop it´s based.
Not that I do not understand, but we already know that bg3 it´s a licensed D&D5e game from 9 months ago so....

old hand
old hand
Tabletop discussions are completely irrelevant to video games imho.

When your talking about a video game, people are going to compare it to other similar video games first, not to tabletop D&D.

All D&D based video games need to change things for balance, like all earlier games making it impossible to handle traps without a rogue or artificer. Tbh I'm not sure how that wasa balanced decision, but archaic developers used to believe 'IF YOU DON'T HAVE A ROGUE THEN YOU CAN'T DISABLE TRAPS OR PICK LOCKS COS WE SAID SO!'.

I am 100% glad that this is gone and that any class can be made to pick locks / disarm traps, and that I don't need a primary healer - especially because we only get a party size of 4.

If you always needed to have a rogue and a healer, that leaves only two spots to try something other than Astarion and Shadowheart, unless you play a rogue or healer in which case you would still always need one of them.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 15/10/20 01:47 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
If the CRPG is based on tabletop rules, those tabletop rules are fundamental to the discussion.

W
veteran
veteran
W
You don’t get to dictate what is on or off the table for discussion (pun intentional 😂). Discussing the differences in the rules these games are based on and how that changes the games is a valid topic.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian
If the CRPG is based on tabletop rules, those tabletop rules are fundamental to the discussion.

They have never been before for any other D&D based game before this one, so I don't see how they suddenly are relevant now.

W
veteran
veteran
W
If people say “why is this like this?” (As is essentially the case in this topic) And the answer is “that is how the rules are in 5th edition,” then that is what will be discussed.

Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

They have never been before for any other D&D based game before this one, so I don't see how they suddenly are relevant now.

You don't think the 2e rules were relevant to BG or BG2? Or that 3/3.5 were relevant to NWN and NWN2? I can only politely say that you are very very wrong.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf

You don't think the 2e rules were relevant to BG or BG2? Or that 3/3.5 were relevant to NWN and NWN2? I can only politely say that you are very very wrong.

They were relevant of course, but they were never discussed on the forums for those games.

Tabletop generally never translates well to a good cRPG experience, which is why changes need to be made.

Last edited by DumbleDorf; 15/10/20 02:06 PM.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard