Originally Posted by Ashley1Black
I had a lot of fun eating food during a fight in order not to die, but it makes the game less realistic. In a real battle, you can't eat a couple of hams in between casting spells or stabbing the goblin that is right in front of you. Using food and potions - although mostly food - I don't actually have any need for a long rest. I did most of the map with only a small amount of long rests. I probably should be a lot further in the story. There are some things that account for that, mostly with Astarion's story. There were dialogs about him being a vampire before he actually tried to bite me.

I think that food should heal, but you shouldn't be able to eat it in the middle of a battle. I'm not sure that we should have a fixed number of HP for food items. It's a dice game after all. Though it would be nice to know what the range is (1d4, 1d6, etc.). There also should be a limit to how much you can eat before you need to take a long rest.

But if the food is no longer an option, the enemy's difficulty should be toned down. In some fights, I managed to survive only thanks to a large amount of meat (which is usually better than a healing potion).

But if food is needed to take a rest, it heals indirectly but outside of fights (exactly what you say), right? And avoids looking for them in our bag, or to click 10 times on 10 different meals.

Last edited by Tylm; 14/10/20 06:16 PM.