Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
It is Larians decisions. I was merely trying to think of a somewhat plausible explanation. Something that is a bit better than "Half of your group went missing for some reason. Now continue, nothing to see here"
Lae'zel would grow impatient at some time if she is not part of the group often. If Larian absolutely wants to fix the group at 4 after act1, there should be some party interaction to explain it.

Yeah like there was in dos2. Wait....

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I guess the whole premise of this thread is to make Larian realize that the DOS2 solution was not all that great

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
veteran
veteran
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
I guess the whole premise of this thread is to make Larian realize that the DOS2 solution was not all that great

It was great in theory for the purpose of that specific game. Someone in the forum defined companions dynamics in dos2 as Highlander style - you are a party but you are also rivals for one prize. So it made sense to lose some party members. The problem was the awful terrible execution.

But in Baldur's Gate 3's case, there is no justification for it other than "we did it in dos2"

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard