Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37
Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Nicottia
I think it might be a case of patch incompatibilities. On release, with my drow I had that line, then on my 1st Durge it was still there and my 1st Durge was created after Patch 1. And my current tiefling Durge was created in patch 3 and had no 'saving their tails' line either. He just said 'let's stop wasting our time and go'. Maybe if you create a new save and romance him again you'll get the correct line? Or maybe he's just being extra sensitive to mentioning tails cause my Durge is a tiefling? I dunno.

My savegame is from patch 2 but patch 4 should still override it when testing things. I don't know why it's happening. Maybe I would need a whole new save indeed.

Yeah same, like I said, I will test it one day and if it works like that then I will upload it lol. I blame it on the game being too new.

I hope the scene is there and it's not just a fake rumour.

Ah, I see the kiss is just as broken for you and it's even worse in other cases, hahaha!
I wish Astarion's answers to 'what are we to you?' were fixed already. He's still unable to finish his lines.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Ametris
My savegame is from patch 2 but patch 4 should still override it when testing things. I don't know why it's happening. Maybe I would need a whole new save indeed.

I mean, some things do stick to your saves, like for example, on my 1st Durge I had the 'I want us to be something real' scene without meeting the updated patch3/4 requirements (killing Orthon) and on reloading it still triggers. I did notice that some patches do work backwards while others don't.

Ah, I see the kiss is just as broken for you and it's even worse in other cases, hahaha!

Yup, disguise self FTW! The most useful spell in the game imho (I use it mostly to talk to corpses my party slaughtered)!

It feels like the updated version was only tested for normal bodied males lol. Females just get kissed somewhere between nose/forehead, and masculine bodied females/males are just.... laughing stock! But you know what is weird? I do recall that in the very first original kissing animations females would just stand on their toes to reach his mouth, I don't understand why it's not employed here, like instead of holding her hand he could just grab her back and bring her closer so that she'd kind of have to stand on her toes anyway... Larian still has some work cut out for them lol. But it's getting better. laugh

Oh and yeh, I checked the end game kiss, it indeed disappears once selected and it's still the same old chaste kiss, Larian has again some work cut out for them lol. laugh

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Hmm, to me it looks like he grabs Tav by their hip in the new scene. I do like the detail with his deep breath after the kiss.
They definitely do have things to work on but I'm glad they're putting in the effort. Hopefully they implement more of our suggestions as well. smile

enthusiast
enthusiast
Oh, a hip? Nah, it's definitely a hand holding reminiscent of his graveyard scene, all we need is to find someone with that free camera movement mod to confirm which one of us is correct! wink

But in all seriousness, that heavy breath is indeed a cool detail.

Also checked my Netherbrain fight saves to see if the ending sequences got changed/updated, but nah, still broken lol.

V
V
I think it might be a case of patch incompatibilities. On release, with my drow I had that line, then on my 1st Durge it was still there and my 1st Durge was created after Patch 1. And my current tiefling Durge was created in patch 3 and had no 'saving their tails' line either. He just said 'let's stop wasting our time and go'. Maybe if you create a new save and romance him again you'll get the correct line? Or maybe he's just being extra sensitive to mentioning tails cause my Durge is a tiefling? I dunno.

No, the line is definitely still in the game. Experienced it yesterday with a Patch 4 Tav, romance scene before the grove party.

That said, I'm glad that Larian listens to the feedback. I'm pretty happy with the new kiss. Even if it's bugged for most body types atm, they got the right idea! Hope they just fix the body alignment and don't change it again.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Veranis
No, the line is definitely still in the game. Experienced it yesterday with a Patch 4 Tav, romance scene before the grove party.

So I reloaded my save from my tiefling Durge to check if I was wrong, but it looks like you guys are correct, that line was gone for a bit but somehow somewhere got put back in the game lol. I remember on patch 3 it was not there (it was when my tiefling Durge was created and I was shocked that it was gone) but now patch 4/hotfix 10 he actually mentions it again. So yup, you are correct! And I am wrong! I stand corrected!

Originally Posted by Veranis
That said, I'm glad that Larian listens to the feedback. I'm pretty happy with the new kiss. Even if it's bugged for most body types atm, they got the right idea! Hope they just fix the body alignment and don't change it again.

Yup, same, I like the newest kiss animation the most it's just like you said, the body alignment is kinda cursed right now! laugh

Same here! Love the new kiss, even if my character kisses the air. The subtle hip grab gave me chills...it's sexy now.

Wanted to check the ascension sex scene and it still camera pans to that dumb candle. No sexy hip-thrust for us yet...

But considering the kiss animations have been annoying for quite some time, I'm so happy to see progress! Woohoo! It's getting believable that Astarion is a devilish seductress wink

#JusticeForAstarion
D
journeyman
journeyman
D
Originally Posted by vx_phoenix_vx
Same here! Love the new kiss, even if my character kisses the air. The subtle hip grab gave me chills...it's sexy now.

Wanted to check the ascension sex scene and it still camera pans to that dumb candle. No sexy hip-thrust for us yet...

But considering the kiss animations have been annoying for quite some time, I'm so happy to see progress! Woohoo! It's getting believable that Astarion is a devilish seductress wink

Come on, Larian, fix the hip thrust! Just as soon as you finish fixing the kiss scene (it can’t be that hard)!

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Oh, a hip? Nah, it's definitely a hand holding reminiscent of his graveyard scene, all we need is to find someone with that free camera movement mod (...)

Speaking of free cam... The graveyard scene is so much hotter in reality than what we see in the game! We completely miss out on that delicious leg slide.

I'd like to see the ascended romance scene restored to it's previous glory and the graveyard scene have better angles and be more similar to what's shown in the video.

V
V
Speaking of free cam... The graveyard scene is so much hotter in reality than what we see in the game! We completely miss out on that delicious leg slide.

That leg slide....dayum. *clears throat* Props to the mocap folk.

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
So, I just found this video that shows what could happen to Tav who tried to toy with ascended Astarion and dump him after becoming his spawn, pretty much being the worst case scenario of what I suggested in point 23 in the OP. That would have been one dark and angsty ending, that's for sure. Fitting actually, there should be dire consequences for messing with a possessive vampire lord.

Oh, a hip? Nah, it's definitely a hand holding reminiscent of his graveyard scene, all we need is to find someone with that free camera movement mod (...)

I'd like to see the ascended romance scene restored to it's previous glory and the graveyard scene have better angles and be more similar to what's shown in the video.

Um....*nervous swallow* that uh....that needs to be in the game...damn...

#JusticeForAstarion
So, I just found this video that shows what could happen to Tav who tried to toy with ascended Astarion and dump him after becoming his spawn, pretty much being the worst case scenario of what I suggested in point 23 in the OP. That would have been one dark and angsty ending, that's for sure. Fitting actually, there should be dire consequences for messing with a possessive vampire lord.

That was a cool video. Definitely love the vampire lord energy that it was giving off.

#JusticeForAstarion
enthusiast
enthusiast

Seen this vid earlier in my recommended on youtube. wink

But yeah, I agree on both counts, I don't freaking get it why Larian changed the camera angle (or made that candle obscuring hip thrusts thicker) in his ascended love scene... but at least I am happy that Astarion is actually touching Tav in the newest kissing scene. Now if only that scene was also included in the end of the world kissing scene, or made even hotter... like that Ailyn x Isobel kissing. Those 2 (well together with Karlach now) have the best damn kissing scenes in this damn game lol.

addict
addict

Ascended scene and in cemetery are the same. It's just Ascended shows us a little more of the process and continuation. He lies down on you and spreads legs is exactly the same. So I think if they change the angles in the cemetery scene or extend it, then it will be the same. The push is also used in two scenes, but at different times.

Last edited by Nyloth; 10/11/23 07:21 PM.

I don't speak english well, but I try my best. Ty
C
stranger
stranger
C
Yeah, they definitely created this game only thinking about what they assume guys like to see and what they assume guys do not like to see. This is an adult game with multiple very adult scenes; we have a "choose penis" option; why are they so insistent on hiding them? lololol

C
stranger
stranger
C
Originally Posted by t1mekill3r
Originally Posted by onebadEVEning
And the old romance scene from before the patch should be reinstated, the new one lacks somehow the hotness from the old one!

Which scene? What was changed? I saw that they removed the last full body shot with Astarion's hips gyration (how could they?!) during the ascended romance scene.

So... we can have Minthara doing everything she does in her "romance" scene, but we can't have Astarion move his hips a little?
Yeah, they definitely created this game only thinking about what they assume guys like to see and what they assume guys do not like to see. This is an adult game with multiple very adult scenes; we have a "choose penis" option; why are they so insistent on hiding them? lololol

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Originally Posted by Nyloth
Ascended scene and in cemetery are the same. It's just Ascended shows us a little more of the process and continuation. He lies down on you and spreads legs is exactly the same. So I think if they change the angles in the cemetery scene or extend it, then it will be the same. The push is also used in two scenes, but at different times.

Hmm, didn't notice they were the same (other than the push being there in two scenes). Then again, it's not like the game allows us to see these details. Would be nice to see a comparison video.

stranger
stranger
Okay, so I really, really love the new kiss for Astarion - it's a masterclass of both hot and sweet, and I especially love the reciprocity in the holding/arm gestures. 10/10, will smooch even more than I was already doing.

Still... while I was disappointed in the original kiss change where we got the really quick peck on the lips, a part of me was like "you know what, yeah. This suits someone who wants to show affection but isn't comfortable with his sexuality and is still figuring out how to express himself." My real disappointment was that it stayed that way after you wrapped up everything with him and he was willing to explore his sexuality again (one way or the other), and that it was just doubling down on the anticlimax of the 'final hour let's make this last kiss count' ridiculousness.

So while I'm happy with the change - I almost wish we had the chaste peck pre-Cazador, and then the current kiss after you've done his personal quest (or after the graveyard scene if you don't ascend him, I guess, since that would be a slightly more natural place to put it.) I adore this current kiss, but it doesn't feel like something he'd be doing right after the Act 2 confession, you know?

Ametris Offline OP
addict
OP Offline
addict
Slightly offtopic but today Neil Newbon received a Golden Joystick award for Best Supporting Performer and it's so well deserved! cheer He truly brought Astarion to life!

I recently found out the vocal version of this song plays when you jump on a ledge behind Astarion in the first camp in Act 1. Imagine if we could actually hear him hum this ingame! cry

Page 3 of 37 1 2 3 4 5 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard