Originally Posted by Pupito
Originally Posted by Tuco
Generally speaking I'm way more in favor of combat that is quick and lethal (on both sides). I don't like having to hit the same target several times as an attacker (especially when it's supposed to be a "weak one") and I don't like sponging damage as target.
This just to confirm that I'm not a big fan of this choice, on paper.

Yeah, quick and brutal combat is one of the great feelings just about any game that does it right. My first ever D&D 5e adventure our first combat was against, of course, some goblins. Pretty weak creatures, and nothing felt better than hearing the description of how our barbarian just decapitated a goblin with his great axe in a single swing or the warlock just eldritch blasted a goblin straight to the shadow realm lol. Goblins are supposed to be weak, easy to beat creatures that can spell trouble in large numbers or if they ambush you. It's not supposed to take my fighter 3 or 4 hits to kill a goblin. I should be hacking, slashing, and burning my way through goblins with very few problems.

Plus it would make larger combats go by faster and feel more satisfying if the horde of goblins coming at me was easier to kill. If my party of 4 could kill 1 or 2 goblins each every round of combat, tossing 20 goblins at me wouldn't feel like a slog. Especially when the wizard pulls out a more powerful spell and takes out 3 or 4 in a single go.

Make Goblins less on AC and Hit point but rise their damage and distance they can walk per turn.