Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
CTR #703598 17/10/20 07:10 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
I vididly remember a particular hour in biology class. One of my classmates was the son of a local butcher and he brought the skull of an oxen (already skinned but fresh with all the soft parts) for us to explore. I don't remember anyone getting a lasting trauma from that (even though one guy came close to throwing up). If that were to happen today the teacher could be in trouble. Lets not shield children from everything. Like a former chemistry teacher of mine said after some pupils were complaining about an exam being to hard. "There are stars exploding out there and you are complaining about such petty issues? Don't you feel pathetic?"

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by ArmouredHedgehog
I vididly remember a particular hour in biology class. One of my classmates was the son of a local butcher and he brought the skull of an oxen (already skinned but fresh with all the soft parts) for us to explore. I don't remember anyone getting a lasting trauma from that (even though one guy came close to throwing up). If that were to happen today the teacher could be in trouble. Lets not shield children from everything. Like a former chemistry teacher of mine said after some pupils were complaining about an exam being to hard. "There are stars exploding out there and you are complaining about such petty issues? Don't you feel pathetic?"

he'd be fired nowadays... and we wonder what went wrong....

old hand
old hand

This is getting into child development theory when it was more of a blood and sexless option that allows people to have more control over what content is delivered to their family and / or themselves. When to introduce sex, religion, death, and the human condition to a burgeoning human hasn't been adequately answered in any area, much less video games haha

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
CTR #703616 17/10/20 07:20 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
The thread is there, the people at Larian will have to decide whether or not to include such options. I would leave it to the modders. As the arguments for both sides have been presented and the thread has wandered into neighboring areas of discussion I felt like expanding its scope.

I sometimes use thought experiments. I don't necessarily believe in every idea I post for discussion on this forum
CTR #703626 17/10/20 07:24 PM
addict
addict
Should this thread not be closed yet? It's way off topic and was just bait.

CTR #703630 17/10/20 07:27 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
As long as people are enjoying it and it does not cause legal problems for Larian I see no reason to lock it. It will simply drop from the front page of the forum once people loose interest.

Orbax #703642 17/10/20 07:33 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Orbax

This is getting into child development theory when it was more of a blood and sexless option that allows people to have more control over what content is delivered to their family and / or themselves. When to introduce sex, religion, death, and the human condition to a burgeoning human hasn't been adequately answered in any area, much less video games haha

Honestly it should be up to the responsible parents, not mainstream whatever. Even people I know who work closely with children believe the same, that as parents, again responsible parents we should have the first, and only say on what are get is shown, and learned.

Responsible - being nonabusive, ones that are trying to prepare children for the real world. Which doesn't include letting them grow up to be thugs, or whatever.

yet sadly I don't see this happening, do to issues with the world. Which may very well stem from overprotectiveness, and involvement of governing bodies, including schools. Most of them basing their views on their own agendas, and wantonness to ride the bandwagon which ever is going on.

Then you have the fact that most video games give a crappy view on Romance. So there is no real win in any of it.

clavis #703658 17/10/20 07:41 PM
A
enthusiast
enthusiast
A
Originally Posted by clavis

Then you have the fact that most video games give a crappy view on Romance. So there is no real win in any of it..

Let's hope that Larian add a bit more story to these options. The sudden wave of attraction after the raid only works for Lae'zels character.
I think that Games cannot really do a lot of damage when it comes to romance. Social media is much more influential (They are not called influencers for nothing) in that.

enthusiast
enthusiast

Then you have the fact that most video games give a crappy view on Romance. So there is no real win in any of it..

Let's hope that Larian add a bit more story to these options. The sudden wave of attraction after the raid only works for Lae'zels character.
I think that Games cannot really do a lot of damage when it comes to romance. Social media is much more influential (They are not called influencers for nothing) in that.

Honestly after some of the discussions I've had with La uggg she's bitchy wench! BW. letters form words, form sentences... Ok after listening to BW, and overhearing some conversations the fact she gets all randy/hot and bothered after that part. Makes total sense to me. Even SH makes sense after the above. Same with the others, to bring up history, and human nature again. Look at game your going around killing stuff, living by the seat of your pants, not sure if your going to live and die. Humans want comfort, security sex is a way of feeling that (some better then others, and others just horrid) which is why after a big battle (at times during albiet those were stupid) sex often happened. Add to it the fact your emotions are already heightened, you have tension left over from battle, you have a whirlwind of emotions that you might not of fully felt during battle. sex is an universal for the most part way of releasing those emotions.

Note I've been saying sex and not romance. This is were games, and many people in real life get it wrong. Coming together after battle, or during the course of events is sex. Straight up 100%. When your open or pretty much open about everything (all your companions are hiding their secrets, not talking about their past etc.) and over the course of time begin to develop feelings (with or without previous thing) then your entering into a relationship. Which this Relationship is furthered by romancing the others. Maybe your talking to BW about the night sky, or buying her a blade, or reading her (probably not Cassandra cheesy) poetry. This entering into romance doing little things to make the other person happen.

Games confuse sex with Romance. Sex is swift you can hate someone, you can like someone, you can not care either way. This is detrimental. Now if you play with your kids your going to have to try and work with a by it's nature flawed design. Because of the difference in the two things. Which is why I personally hate games that put in Romance options. They should instead be called what they are fuckbuddies.

clavis #703718 17/10/20 08:16 PM
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
They should instead be called what they are fuckbuddies.

I'm not sure if that would increase or decrease sales.

You're correct in that 'romance' is rarely anything of the sort.

old hand
old hand
Originally Posted by Sadurian

My first character creation when it said "who do you dream of at night" i said, out loud, "oh hell yes, you can make a sex bot!". I think its a fair selling point.

What is the problem you are solving? Does your proposed change solve the problem? Is your change feasible? What else will be affected by your change? Will your change impact revenue? Does your change align with the goals and strategies of the organizations (Larian, WotC)?
Orbax #703738 17/10/20 08:25 PM
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Orbax
Originally Posted by Sadurian

My first character creation when it said "who do you dream of at night" i said, out loud, "oh hell yes, you can make a sex bot!". I think its a fair selling point.

todays society sales would probably go through the roof. Sex sales, no sugar coating it. but it might not be a selling point when I was growing up, or even in the forseeable future

CTR #703758 17/10/20 08:38 PM
addict
addict
Originally Posted by CTR
Hello,
Good afternoon. A setting that could turn off gore and nudity. It would not need to change anything in the game except when you kill a monster there is not a big red spot on the ground and in cutscenes that would have nudity the characters wear their normal clothes.

This is a game that I would like to play with my children, but the graphics would be a bit too much for them. Other than that it's great.

Thanks!

First and foremost, I want to say that this game is not meant for children. That's why it's rated MA which is targeted for people over the age of 17. As for as blood and gore there are games that will allow you to tone it down but not completely remove it, maybe Larian will add this later. As for nudity and sex scenes, those are always cut scenes and you can skip them. If you want to watch those scenes, as a parent myself, make sure your kids are not around. Whenever there are scenes in a game, movie and such that I'm watching and I think my kids shouldn't see it, I skip it or I'll watch it later. With all due respect, I would suggest to play a different game with your kids maybe something that doesn't have gore and nudity if they are too young to see those things. There are plenty of games that are considered family oriented that you can play with your kids.

Last edited by Lady Avyna; 17/10/20 08:39 PM.
CTR #866214 20/07/23 04:21 AM
F
stranger
stranger
F
So there will be no way to hide the cartoonish blood? Just asking.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard