Originally Posted by mrfuji3
Originally Posted by clavis

As for the attack it wasn't really, it was me being my mix of sarcasm, and odd humor. Much like someone rubbing their hands together irl, in anticipation of percieved bout for whatever reason. I try to rein it in, but sadly as you can tell I fail at times. Case in point telling my kids i'll kick the white out of them. 'despite what others may think I wouldn't kick them, let alone try to kick the white out of them. One it's impossible to kick the color out of anything. Then there is the one that went horribly wrong, but truelly epic. I told my then five year old "if you feel froggy, just jump' she responded by ribbiting and hoping around the entire house. So you see it's my nature to say things like this, and in your place I'd of put. 'Stop being an ass, Clavis.' then moved on as you did. Now then lets put on the gloves. (j/k should prolly add this to most of what I say, and text, and everything else, just a bother.)

Your poor kids! o.O Don't kick them!!!

Shield expert is one, also sentinel?? I think it's called is a feat that allows you to stop enemy movement if you hit them. Unsure if it's in EA or not,I find that some of the feats should be subclass features (there are some subclasses that do, just not the ones in EA. I believe not 100% sure) at times it sucks to have to build your fighter around such things, but it's part of D&D and 5e.

I don't think sentinel is in EA yet. There's a Xanathar's Guide to Everything fighter subclass called Cavalier, and their 10th level ability is basically the Sentinel feat. I'm skeptical that they'll put it in the game though, as they'd also have to deal with horses and mounted combat frown

Next point I actually agree with... your making it hard for me to be a dick btw with your logic!!

Muahahahaha

correction shield expert is wierdly worded to me for some reason. It implies disadvantage if your near an enemy who attacks an ally? or is it if your near an ally enemies get disadvantage if they attack they ally. My brain isn't wrapping around that one again.

Are you referring to the Protection Fighting Style that fighters get, or the Shield Master feat? If the former, then you protect an ally who is within 5 feet of you, imposing disadvantage on an enemy attacking them (putting your shield in harm's way)

sorry my quotesse is complete garbage.

Well you know old war injury, causes my leg to shoot out for no reason at all. Bloody wars and all that. besides spanking them is frowned upon, or so I've been told.

Yeah, I've not tried a Cavalier in any campaign, ones we've been doing are either warehouse, sewer or other hard to get to places. Which also rules out my playing centuar.... so their goes the idea of centuar ranger, with halfling archer on her back... I almost cried, but realized I lost my feeling again, blasted thing keeps running off.

Yeah the one you mentioned is it. I myself prefer the okay it's OP combo of tunnel fighter, polearm master, and sentinel. to keep my squishy companions safe from harm. Especially in tight places.

POOR KIDS!!! did you not read what my youngest did to me!! made a mockery of me, and there were witnesses as well. Luckily they knew I had to drive them to the hospital to get their ribs looked at so they refrained from mentioning it.

Anyway back to OP. Currently I think again not sure if I posted this in this one about Large battles or the other one...ones? Alot of my issue with large battles from non cheese. See my thread about battle with Guts. if you don't wanna look shoot me a pm and I'll put it up. for now also playing. Is the scripting really which slows things down immensely one person do to something in their script causes them to just stand there master debating, before most times simply repeating what they did previously. Which can make it a pain, and time consuming books are forums are a good thing at that point. or a nap.. was it this OP that decided they needed a cat nap? Then there is just the sheer amount of aoe, and actions they can preform.