Originally Posted by Vexor
Originally Posted by Zandilar

Having said that... The current companions are mostly iffy in my mind. My characters tend towards selflessness, kindness, and compassion, and none of the companions seem to be particularly inclined that way. Which I find disappointing, to be quite honest.

Z.

The current companions are all chaotic and evil shifted. The good ones are coming later. Lae'zel is definitely evil
she totally approved my complete lack of empathy for sending the monster hunter after Astarion.
Shadowheart is neutral evil. They are adding an alignment choice but a shallow implementation mostly for the RP aspect. Which makes me wonder about fallen paladins and the like.

Paladins aren't alignment restricted in 5e, they have to follow their Oath (it comes with the archetypes they pick at level 3). The Oath of Devotion is like the "classic" paladin, where playing it evil should make you an Oathbreaker if Larian implements that. But Oath of Vengeance and Oath of the Ancient support neutral and evil actions as long as it follow their Oath's limits.