wow does so many people really want cookie cutter enemies. Which is what happens if you pull monster stats straight out of the rule book. Even Dms tweak and adjust somethings, especially if the monster in question, or those previously used were simply slaughtered like sheep. Usually even sheep fight back better then baker monsters. I can't put my list of inner goblin Hp amounts do to fact that it's used on the other thread exclusively about hp bloat. Mostly the 137 hp spider, that falls like (insert favorite fall joke here.) a fat kid on a pile of doughnuts.

As for the massive amount of 50+ hp goblins I'm still looking for those. Sadly I think it's just some few peoples exageratted, inflated reaction to one creature. Which isn't giving good feedback, but instead pointing to something that really isn't a problem.

Goblin having 7 AC and 12hp makes it still fodder for any half baked party, of alcoholic, half blind, one legged dorfs that come bumbling through. What is a problem though is cookie cuttering the crap out of everything, or copy pasting everything. So when you waltz into a room full of xyz, instead of being shocked, and quickly adjusting your fly. Your reaction is 'Oh that has xAC, yWisdom, Zintellegence' so you bring out the same bullshit spells you've been using, and reusing throughout 100's of hours of playing the game. Because all you want is bland, boring, cookie cuttered enemies. Thats like digging up a dog and holding a curb stomp party.

roomie most of read my mind they brought down some cookies. You see how predictable 'Using the stats in the monster manual is' my space case roomie can pick up on it and bring me cookies.