Originally Posted by Sunfly
Originally Posted by Maximuuus
D&D exists for about 45 years so yes, it's a bible and it looks like the 5th edition is really appreciated by role playing players. I trust them and I'd lobe this game to become a true BG and D&D experience.

I didn't realize all of those players were still playing the unaltered first edition, I guess it really is hard to improve perfection though.

Oh.sorry, maybe I should have said the company that created / worked / build D&D over 4 decades have years of experience about balancing their games. I like DoS 2 but it has a terrible balance and that's really not the same experience, especially in it's combat mecanics.

As someone else said the problem is that their base material to start working on BG3 is NOT D&D, it's DoS.
You can feel it absolutely everywhere in the game.
I'm not saying the game is bad, it has an awesome potential to become as good as it want to. But they have to start thinking about something different.

They have 2 awesome RPG names in their catalog... It's time to really create another experience instead of a huge upgrade.

They have to stick to the rules as much as they can and deal with that constraint if they want to create a D&D experience. BG is definitely not a game in which everything burn and in which every combat is a spectacle and a challenge. I think a little bit more sobriety and personnality could really lead to an amazing experience for everyone.

Last edited by Maximuuus; 18/10/20 06:21 PM.

French Speaking Youtube Channel with a lot of BG3 videos : https://www.youtube.com/c/maximuuus