Originally Posted by Stray952
You guys keep going to back to these ‘well actually, the nautiloid did this so it MAKES SENSE that x, y, or z.”

No ones arguing the lore, they’re arguing that it’s poor art form to have the visuals of your game actively clashing with the narrative tone you’re trying to set. Or having your characters be basically walking exposition. So much so, that it even bleeds into their outfits.

For those of you who are English second language (ESL), I didn’t mean there was a literal vampire uniform. I was exaggerating to make the point that he was unmistakably a vampire wearing an outfit copied from any of the classic Dracula or vampire movies we watch here in the west.

If a child saw Astarion, they would identify him as a vampire without hearing him talk or knowing anything about him. I don’t know if that’s as obvious if you grew up in a place that’s unfamiliar with movies like Bram Stoker’s Dracula or Interview with a Vampire. Sorry if that hyperbole confused you.

The "art" is tied directly to the lore. They aren't separate items to disseminate details someone doesn't like. We argue what we see in the opening cutscene because that is the narrative that kicks us off into the game world, aka the lore. Since we do see how those people are put in the pods, the clothes they're wearing, and the gear they are carrying isn't surprising at all, since that's what they had on them when they were abducted.

Let's analyze the narratives, shall we?

Lae'zel is a githyanki warrior. What is it that they wear, do you suppose? The ones seen in game seem to have similar armor, almost as if they're military uniforms. Shadowheart is wearing armor that reflects Shar worship, I can't imagine how a worshipper of Shar would come to be wearing faction appropriate gear. Astarion is wearing what may be the latest fashion trend in Baldur's Gate, for nobles and their retainers. We haven't been yet, so we can't be sure, but given the first two examples of narrative cohesiveness so far, I'd say that's a safe bet. It might also be that that's what he wore before he was a vampire, how do we know? So it's a pretty safe bet that what we have here is a case of someone trying to make their perception reality.

You see, what you've presented here isn't a counter argument to "but the lore". We see how people end up on the ship, it's shown in the opening cutscene, and none of them are stripped of whatever they are wearing. This is the lore, and this dictates the "art style" of the clothes the people that were in the pods are wearing. This is what we have to work with. Trying to pass off an argument against that as "clashing with the narrative" is incorrect. The narrative we have completely supports what we see.