Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
It's not feminism to portray different types of people in a game. It's just storytelling. In every story we have strong and weak characters, some are beautiful and some are smart. Just like real life.
Now days people have the tendency to portray powerful characters at the expanse of other characters rather than let those characters breath in the same space. You want powerful women? let's make all men weak. We can have them both, again, like in real life.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Please accept my respect: it's impossible to find fault with female abuse in the game.

We have a strong Gityanka warrior, and a strong female druid leader.

The drow race is a pure femdom embodiment and will appeal to feminists and many guys alike. Minthara not only strong - she is a perfect Dominatrix!

Will got his power from Mizora's woman.

There is a powerful witch in the swamp. Shadow Heart embodies a more classic archetype, so that there are no claims that all women are too masculine. But she's also strong.

Spoiler
Goddess Absolute is also a woman

[Linked Image]

Cool, we have our first official troll in the forum. Cheers!

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Hey, that's not interesting. I wanted 10 pages of discussion about feminism in game and drow society, and you revealed me right away crazy

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
veteran
veteran
ehh who cares?

Larian's Biggest Oversight, what to do about it, and My personal review of BG3 EA
"74.85% of you stood with the Tieflings, and 25.15% of you sided with Minthara. Good outweighs evil, it seems."
journeyman
journeyman
Originally Posted by Goldberry

Yeeeep. And also they look generally pleasant and shocked of things they really should not be, like when Arabella dies. I was screaming at my screen: "You're a priestess of Lolth! You don't care about that hellspawn child, wipe that stupid expression off your face!"

And the multiplayer interactions between PC to PC. So generic, meaningless, and good-aligned.

I'm hoping this is just because of early access and not having all the finished animations in yet. However, the dialogue camera in BG3 does highlight the problem of detailed 3d graphics. You either have to make them very responsive to who and what the character is, or it'll very likely clash with the player's vision. Old text-based dialogue and static portraits did have the benefit of allowing the player to imagine any tone of voice and any expression or pose they wished.

Some of the expressions currently in game are hilariously exaggerated. Like someone asked an actor to make a "cartoon scared face". It doesn't help that the expression is held for way too long. Someone needs to google 'micro expressions' and make those facial animations just briefly flash on the character's face.

Last edited by Mythago; 19/10/20 03:42 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo
Yeeeep. And also they look generally pleasant and shocked of things they really should not be, like when Arabella dies. I was screaming at my screen: "You're a priestess of Lolth! You don't care about that hellspawn child, wipe that stupid expression off your face!"

A dialogue response tracker like we saw in DA2 and 3 might be the answer, with the possibility of 'priming' it as a starting character. Each situation could then have one of two or three different PC facial responses according to the character the PC has predominantly demonstrated. To start from the beginning of the game, if I play an evil death-worshipping priest who regular disembowels sacrificial victims, then removing a brain from an open skull is probably not going to phase me.

It does seem surprising that, given Larian are apparently embracing the Dark Side with the tone of the game, or at least allowing player agency to do that, that the characters automatically react like sensitive newbies.

Last edited by Sadurian; 19/10/20 03:47 PM.
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Callimachus
I actually think there is something decidedly un-feminist about the way the only two women companions are constantly at each other's throat.

Hahahah. That is a very fair point. I love it though.

Originally Posted by Mezbarrena
It's one of the issues I have with Lloth Drow Females. They are much to nice to the male companions. I do understand it would be quite difficult to go back and have even more unique things for them. Drow is one of my favorite races in DnD.

And the multiplayer interactions between PC to PC. So generic, meaningless, and good-aligned.

You are absolutely based.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
old hand
old hand
Lol did the OP think that matriarchy is feminism lol.

H
enthusiast
enthusiast
H
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Hey, that's not interesting. I wanted 10 pages of discussion about feminism in game and drow society, and you revealed me right away crazy

Lmao.

If it's what it's takes to save the world, then the world doesn't deserves to be saved - Geralt
enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by DumbleDorf
Lol did the OP think that matriarchy is feminism lol.

OP is just a low effort troll that wants attention.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard