Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Please accept my respect: it's impossible to find fault with female abuse in the game.

We have a strong Gityanka warrior, and a strong female druid leader.

The drow race is a pure femdom embodiment and will appeal to feminists and many guys alike. Minthara not only strong - she is a perfect Dominatrix!

Will got his power from Mizora's woman.

There is a powerful witch in the swamp. Shadow Heart embodies a more classic archetype, so that there are no claims that all women are too masculine. But she's also strong.

Spoiler
Goddess Absolute is also a woman

[Linked Image]

Thanks to Larian for Baldurs Gate 3 and the reaction to player feedback
enthusiast
enthusiast
There are powerful women in all the older games as well, even more powerful than what is present here. I agree with your point but this is nothing new.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
Originally Posted by OneManArmy

The drow race is a pure femdom embodiment and will appeal to feminists and many guys alike. Minthara not only strong - she is a perfect Dominatrix!

No.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Those aren't strong. My gentle female ranger is stronger. DEX over STR any day.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand
Originally Posted by Goldberry

No.

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Drow
Courting and Love
Courting was the domain of women in drow society. Trying to initiate a relationship was a reason for execution by torture and sacrifice for a male drow. In general, drow women chose their partners as animals would be chosen for breeding purposes.[30]

Furthermore, once a relationship started, the male partner had no say on how long the relationship would last, or whether it should even start. The woman, on the other hand, could change partners as she desired.[30]

When a drow man was desired by more than one female, the latter competed over him. The male wasn’t safe from damage: in fact, for drow women, as a sign to clarify the loss of interest in the rivalry was to skin the male and drop the corpse before the room of her rival.[30] The death of a male drow was the usual way in which a relationship ended. In non-Lolthite culture and among commoners, matters weren't that extreme. The concept of marriage existed but it was not for eternity. The contract lasted for a decade or so at longest, but renewal was possible. One exception were the merchant clans: marriage wasn't everlasting, but marrying someone from a merchant clan meant becoming part of it for life. Trying to leave could be the same as inviting death.[31]

The secret of a working long-term relationship between drow was not love but tangible reasons, like the male having a history of fathering many female offspring. The best "normal" romantic relationship between two drow was similar to the one between a spoiled brat and her well trained, obedient dog, with the owner having the right to put the dog down for any reason

enthusiast
enthusiast

No.

Could you please expand on this? I'm interested in a females viewpoint on this piece of content.

I am here to discuss a video game. Please do not try to rope me into anything other than that. Thank you.
And you think that is feminism, so yet again... No.

Z
journeyman
journeyman
Z
Dynaheir, Jaheira, Shar-Teel, Viconia, and Mazzy just to point few. And of course we had Ellesime and later on Melissan. BG have a lot of powerful women.

enthusiast
enthusiast

I am not the OP and I do not think so but I am also a guy so I'm curious as to your opinion, hence why I asked if you would share it as it would be beneficial to have a female voice on the matter.

old hand
OP Offline
old hand

If we talk not about real life, but about the game where drow society is strictly matriarchy, then why not? And there are men who LIKE to be subordinate to drow women.
Or is feminism fighting against matriarchy, including only equality?

enthusiast
enthusiast
Is it just me or is this poster constantly posting really weird topics?

Originally Posted by Argonaut

Could you please expand on this? I'm interested in a females viewpoint on this piece of content.

Sure. I am a feminist and I have no intent whatsoever on dominating men, enslaving them, torturing them or whatever. Feminism is about mutual respect and freedom.

Honestly, DND has, as far as I know, always been very open and progressive in that regard.

Drow society is a matriarchy, but that is not feminism.

Originally Posted by Eddiar

I'm not the sharpest arrow in the quiver for sure, but I'm starting to believe he's trolling xD

Last edited by Goldberry; 19/10/20 03:22 PM.
Cleric of Innuendo
Cleric of Innuendo

If we talk not about real life, but about the game where drow society is strictly matriarchy, then why not?
Or is feminism fighting against matriarchy, including only equality?

Featuring a dominatrix is not having strong women. Yes, I'm aware of the irony, but a dominatrix is usually (not always, but predominantly) a feature of male sexual fantasy.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Argonaut

Sure. I am a feminist and I have no intent whatsoever on dominating men, enslaving them, torturing them or whatever. Feminism is about mutual respect and freedom.

Honestly, DND has, as far as I know, always been very open and progressive in that regard.

Drow society is a matriarchy, but that is not feminism.

+1

Last edited by Argonaut; 19/10/20 03:22 PM.

W
veteran
veteran
W

You aren’t alone in that observation.

apprentice
apprentice
*eyebrow twitch*

C
apprentice
apprentice
C
I actually think there is something decidedly un-feminist about the way the only two women companions are constantly at each other's throat.

enthusiast
enthusiast
Originally Posted by Warlocke

You aren’t alone in that observation.

+1, people getting bored these days

journeyman
journeyman
It's one of the issues I have with Lloth Drow Females. They are much to nice to the male companions. I do understand it would be quite difficult to go back and have even more unique things for them. Drow is one of my favorite races in DnD.

Originally Posted by Callimachus
I actually think there is something decidedly un-feminist about the way the only two women companions are constantly at each other's throat.

Hahahah. That is a very fair point. I love it though.

Originally Posted by Mezbarrena
It's one of the issues I have with Lloth Drow Females. They are much to nice to the male companions. I do understand it would be quite difficult to go back and have even more unique things for them. Drow is one of my favorite races in DnD.

Yeeeep. And also they look generally pleasant and shocked of things they really should not be, like when Arabella dies. I was screaming at my screen: "You're a priestess of Lolth! You don't care about that hellspawn child, wipe that stupid expression off your face!"

And the multiplayer interactions between PC to PC. So generic, meaningless, and good-aligned.

Last edited by Goldberry; 19/10/20 03:31 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Dom_Larian, Freddo, vometia 

Link Copied to Clipboard