Originally Posted by gish
Your character also get the [Baldurian] dialog options and makes comments about being from Baldur's Gate, including details about estaishments and people.

There's also the fact that if you add too much background to a custom then they are no longer a custom character, they're just another Origin character.

In BG1/2, CHARNAME had the exact same background as Imoen (Gorion's ward, raised Candlekeep, spoilers, etc.) and had zero personality. This was so that the player could do whatever they wanted and use their imagination. Good or Evil, any race, class, either gender, etc.

I already countered that up top. That's not unique to the player. That's not a YOUR thing. That's a race thing.

In Pillars 1, your companions would note not just your background/history, but they would actively ASK about you and your plans, your past. It made your character feel like they were part of this world. In bg3, I have yet to have any companions ask anything about me. Either I missed that dialogue, which in of itself is a design flaw, or it just doesn't happen which is an issue too. I mentioned pillars 1 because it did a blank slate character really well and it is the most recent game. I don't remember too much about Pathfinder since it has been awhile.

Last edited by UnderworldHades; 19/10/20 08:44 PM.