Originally Posted by 1varangian
Originally Posted by Doomlord

2) The battles suck, I have said this before in another post, It feels like every battle is played out by a champion chess player, meh no chaos , Every time the enemy goes right to the high ground and bombs my player characters with endless ranges weapons, Fire, acid , blindness, fear, after a few playthroughs i've really lost my taste for the game now.

Yeah combat is way too much about racing to high ground and spamming arrows and bombs that leave surfaces. And exploiting the game against a superior enemy with free Shoves and backstabs.

Where is the battle that plays out "normally"? Where a tanky Fighter goes in first and HOLDS the front. Fighters don't draw any aggro much less hold anyone.

I don't like it how basically all the monsters have been given weapons that leave surfaces. Goblins have special arrows and bombs. Phase Spiders now have a ranged spit that leaves a large pool of poison. Because of course they do. Etc.

Only exceptionally cruel and suicidal creatures, or incredibly tacticians should just laser focus your squishies

If I'm fighting hobgoblins, I want to see their commander yell "Kill *charactername*" and then they all target that person to death. If I'm fighting Maw Demons, them scuttling past my fighters to get to my back line is fine. If I'm fighting goblins? Yeah no, they should attack a lot less coordinated fashion

seriously if any DM ran this game like this the casters would quit