Larian Banner: Baldur's Gate Patch 9
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
old hand
old hand
My multi group had a hard time with the spider boss actually. Level 3 party consists of a Drow Warlock with -8 con, Halfling Cleric w/ high str, shield dwarf fighter, and Shadowheart. Game's npcs will go for the weakest party member, it's pretty obvious thats what it does since all npcs attack the warlock first and kill him. So my toon (halfling cleric) got pushed off the side accidently from another party member and died & warlock of course was down. Two blink spiders was bugging out on a rock and continuously blinked from one side of the rock and walked back to original position.

We killed it with jars that we had from the intro of the game, grease & fire, and getting the warlock up at key times so he could cast a few spells before getting beat down again. Scrolls, potions, & generally tactics work well.

Last edited by fallenj; 31/10/20 03:39 PM.
addict
addict

veteran
veteran
It seems I have to wait for the final version and hope that there will be a very-very easy story mode.
I save sometimes after each combat round before I attack in the hope of improving the dice chances. But in the goblin village 4 heroes, Halsin and 15 Golbins as opponents?
I fought for 45 minutes and only 3 goblins are dead! How many hours do I have to fight?
I'm only alive because there's a door next to me and every now and then I send a hero into the next room to heal himself.
But my health potions are running low and there are 12 goblins left. It is frustrating! Of course you can see fights as puzzles, as riddles ... but fighting for hours is so boring.

Alixdragon -==(UDIC)==-
Der einzige Mensch, der Dir im Weg steht, bist Du.
S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Mystakilla
All my characters are at level 4, I have not gone to the Goblin Camp yet but i have tried and tried to win at the Whispering Spiders and the Hag, I can not beat any of them. I watch some videos of guys who have done those and they make it look so easy, i cant figure out what im doing wrong or what, im at a loss, i wish there was a difficulty bar to adjust or something cause im just not able to win at either of them maps.

Any help or tips what not would be appreciated, thanks!

SPOILERS!

Phase spider battle:
There are 3 pockets of spider eggs that the phase spider queen will hatch. You can destroy these in stealth mode (arrows work, fire works better)
Trigger combat from stealth (alfa strike) on the phase spider queen.
The spiders will start teleporting all over the place, but one important thing that will happen, the queen will land on one of the webs. Next character that is able will need to destroy the web with fire/force damage. The phase spider will fall for 1/3 of its HP. Do this 2 or 3 times and the queen will be dead soon. The other spiders you can mob up.

Hag:
Kill the sheeps before going to her house!
Enter the house from the back and position in stealth
Use Halt spell on shadowheart to have her stop moving. use frighten abilities (leazils manouver) if she saves vs halt.
Nuke with all you got, if she runs, you deal with her later.

S
stranger
stranger
S
Originally Posted by Alix
It seems I have to wait for the final version and hope that there will be a very-very easy story mode.
I save sometimes after each combat round before I attack in the hope of improving the dice chances. But in the goblin village 4 heroes, Halsin and 15 Golbins as opponents?
I fought for 45 minutes and only 3 goblins are dead! How many hours do I have to fight?
I'm only alive because there's a door next to me and every now and then I send a hero into the next room to heal himself.
But my health potions are running low and there are 12 goblins left. It is frustrating! Of course you can see fights as puzzles, as riddles ... but fighting for hours is so boring.

SPOILERS!

Not sure from which side you are fighting. If you came out from the inner sanctum its gonne be tough. Best option is to run and gun if possible. Fight the ranged guys first.
If you fight them from the bridge side, pull them out and funnel them on the bridge. A group will get stuck inside next to the gate. Have one of your chars flank them. (hard jump or misty step to below the bridge and stealth move them to the upper part of the camp. This will take alot of rounds, but you can lure the goblins to the upper part by stealthing the bridge team and unstealthing the flanking character.

Now if you have time to prepare you thin the herd. You can kill the two humans in an earlier encounter, you can kill/disperse the group next to the townportal, the sleeping goblins you can sneak kill without triggering anyone and you can poison kill/damage a big group once you find the location where they drink from. This leaves about 8 to 10 goblins/others for the fight. Now position your team on the top levels (easy if you have cleared the townportal/waypoint location) and use ranged to snipe/ambush the remaining goblins. Use the goblin monstrous manual tactic, shoot and hide every round and it will become easy

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard