Originally Posted by ExperThies
I would like to be able to play a version of the game where your decisions actually matter. Additionally, I agree that in an actual D&D campaign you can create a new character and rejoin the party and I think that is a great suggestion and should be an option in this game.

And taking away the ability to save would make decisions matter? Other people having the ability to save in an RPG would have zero barring on this. You could, 1.) Not make use of the convenient feature 2.) Ask for changes in other aspects of the game to make decisions carry more weight. Ultimately me saving my game so that when it crashes or when it glitches out or even if I want to reroll something to explore different choices ("save-scumming") has zero impact on your purchase or gameplay.

To use a fallacy: I could easily suggest you shouldn't have the option of using revivify or reloading a save on death or when the game bugs out or even starting a new game, because then decisions won't actually matter. There's only one chance in life after all. *shrugs*