Originally Posted by IdPreferNotTo
I prefer to save a lot and I've never been a fan of the dice rolls in RPGs, especially if there's just a succeed/fail type of either/or scenario at stake. This thread makes me think of something the novelty dicemaker in Disco Elysium says about the subject.... But luckily "save scumming" is a way to avoid the issue with the rolls.

Being able to save anywhere is also a good hedge against, crashes, being called away for some reason, power outages, hitting the wrong key, A have recently heard a let's player note that he never does anything Ironman because it just opens up vulnerability to far too many technical issues.

Also, I find that a of CRPGs give the dice influence over things that I would tend to never give them influence over if I am running a game. This is largely because a computer can't do spot adjudication of circumstances the way a human GM can, so I understand it, but "make die rolls matter" is sort of undermined in this case for me by the thoughts "that shouldn't be a die roll".

Still, again, I'm not opposed to this being an option at all...let people play the way want to play. I just will absolutely oppose the idea of plentiful saves being removed entirely.

Last edited by Thrythlind; 20/10/20 10:29 PM.